FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 11-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default A few fish on Thanksgiving.

Decided to fish a little this morning hoping to limit out on some crappie.........no limit but 6 good crappie and 3 very nice black perch. All fish caught on Tict Ice Cube 6’ 9” Mebaru UL rod using SOS 2# test line....an 18 inch section of 2# test fluorocarbon leader with a 1/8 ounce Midnight Blue ThunderHawk lure. The fish were in 23 feet of water...on the bottom and I do mean on the bottom. Caught a lot of bass and bluegill also. There were plenty of crappie there just not in a bitting mood after the first couple of hours. Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2017, 10:58 PM

Looks like a good day!
Old 11-26-2017, 12:18 AM
ALANRAYG2

Nice catch !!!! I use to start my sauger fishing on Thanksgiving day. I would go to Mousetail SP and fish up and down the river. I haven't been there in several years. The dredger has dredged up all of my sauger drops and the commercial fishermen have trpt lines all over the place. I couldn't get a good grift anywhere. So now I just stay home and Feast with the family. I had knee replacement on Oct 25th. I hope I am ready to go by the first of the year. I have read most of the post on here for years and really enjoy them. I have always read your post. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and comments Alphahawk. I really enjoy them