FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Out Of State Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-08-2019, 01:25 PM

Default Wisconsin Smallmouth

Going up to WI for a week, going on a guided smallmouth trip one day but then on my own rest of the week.. any of you fished up there? Staying on Lake Minocqua Sep 22-29th, pulling my boat up there. Any advice would be appreciated, seems like there's a thousand lakes in the area.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:17 PM

Yes, there are a thousand lakes in the area. I travel to Rhinelander and Tomahawk for work quire a bit and the guys at our manufacturing facility all hunt, fish and trap around there and always talk about the great fishing.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 View Post
Going up to WI for a week, going on a guided smallmouth trip one day but then on my own rest of the week.. any of you fished up there? Staying on Lake Minocqua Sep 22-29th, pulling my boat up there. Any advice would be appreciated, seems like there's a thousand lakes in the area.

Iím from up there. What would you like to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy15 View Post
Iím from up there. What would you like to know?

What are people fishing for late September? Are the smallmouth still biting? I'm primarily a smallmouth fisherman, it's about the only thing I fish for but I'd like to catch a nice musky while I'm up there. I'm staying on Lake Minocqua the whole week, I plan on fishing there mostly but would like to branch out to some other lakes in the area.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Yes, there are a thousand lakes in the area. I travel to Rhinelander and Tomahawk for work quire a bit and the guys at our manufacturing facility all hunt, fish and trap around there and always talk about the great fishing.
Thanks! Neither of those cities are far from Minocqua so I might have to check them out.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 View Post
What are people fishing for late September? Are the smallmouth still biting? I'm primarily a smallmouth fisherman, it's about the only thing I fish for but I'd like to catch a nice musky while I'm up there. I'm staying on Lake Minocqua the whole week, I plan on fishing there mostly but would like to branch out to some other lakes in the area.

They always bite. It will be cold. Leech patterns work very well. Black jig and black mister twister casted and let it hit the bottom. Reel and jig it bouncing off the bottom. Thatís my go to. J9 Rapalas work very well. Use a steel leader because puke and musky are always hungry.

Get a topraider and a double cowgirl for musky.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:01 PM

Also I dont really see a need to branch off unless you want to fish some really nice native brook trout. That would be near Presque Isle.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy15 View Post
They always bite. It will be cold. Leech patterns work very well. Black jig and black mister twister casted and let it hit the bottom. Reel and jig it bouncing off the bottom. Thatís my go to. J9 Rapalas work very well. Use a steel leader because puke and musky are always hungry.

Get a topraider and a double cowgirl for musky.

Thanks for the advice, I'm a jig fisherman so it'll be right up my alley. Hopefully I can catch some nice fish.