FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-29-2021, 09:48 PM

Default This is a Marine

Lt Col Stuart Scheller Commander from Afghanistan. comments anyone? more can be found in a google search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7DO56ERVGc
Old 08-30-2021, 11:31 AM

Default My Two Cents

Being a retired military man I know what this Soldier is giving up . I did a middle east tour and was in Peshawar and Islamabad , Pakistan a few times . They are in the mountains near Kabul .It is a terrible terrain to wage a war as several countries have discovered . That being said I think he is absolutely correct in his assessment of our leadership .l tend to believe it came from Biden and leadership and Country did not mean nearly as much to the top brass as this man .
Old 08-30-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old sailor View Post
Being a retired military man I know what this Soldier is giving up . I did a middle east tour and was in Peshawar and Islamabad , Pakistan a few times . They are in the mountains near Kabul .It is a terrible terrain to wage a war as several countries have discovered . That being said I think he is absolutely correct in his assessment of our leadership .l tend to believe it came from Biden and leadership and Country did not mean nearly as much to the top brass as this man .
Old Sailor, First I would like to Thank You for your service.
I agree with you 100%. I would not want to be in the position that our military face each day. I feel this could have been a much better withdrawal. The loss of life was 100% preventable. Poor decisions by the leaders from the Presidential office down the individual soldier can have disastrous results. My instincts tell me this is not over. I would expect to see attacks on US assets abroad and here at home. We left enough weaponry behind to arm a whole country, Afghanistan. Now we will see what the results will be for poor leadership. I hope the voters learn something from this. I would like to see airstrikes and tomahawk missiles destroy the weapon platforms we left behind. This is still a fubar.
I applaud those involved in the evacuation. Well done.
I also want to address the Veterans that served in the War on Terror. Thanks to your efforts and commitment America had no major attacks at home. Be Proud of your time served.