FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 07-23-2021, 09:58 PM

Default Is this the direction of America?

The poor fellow in the White House is an empty vessel filled by his handlers. At the G-7 Summit, we all saw Jill had to lead him like a child.

In 1961, when we were young and vigorous, our leader was too. Now a feeble nation is technically led by the oldest man to ever serve in the presidency.

We can’t defend our borders, our history (including monuments to past greatness) or our streets. Our cities have become anarchist playgrounds.

We are a nation of dependents, mendicants, and misplaced charity. Homeless veterans camp in the streets while illegal aliens are put up in hotels.

The president of the United States can’t even quote the beginning of the Declaration of Independence correctly. Ivy League graduates routinely fail history tests that 5th graders could pass a generation ago.

Crime rates soar and we blame the Second Amendment and slash police budgets.

Our culture is certifiably insane. We have men who marry men. Men who think they’re women. People who fight racism by seeking to convince members of one race that they’re inherently evil, and others that they are perpetual victims. A psychiatrist lecturing at Yale said she fantasizes about “unloading a revolver into the head of any white person.”

We slaughter the unborn in the name of freedom, while our birth rate dips lower year by year.

Our national debt is so high that we can no longer even pretend that we will repay it one day. It’s a $29-trillion monument to our improvidence and refusal to confront reality.

Our “entertainment” is sadistic, nihilistic and as enduring as a candy bar wrapper thrown in the trash. Our music is noise that spans the spectrum from annoying to repulsive.

Patriotism is called insurrection, treason celebrated, and perversion sanctified.

A man in blue gets less respect than a man in a dress.

We’re asking soldiers to fight for a nation our leaders no longer believe in.

How do nations slip from greatness to obscurity?
Fighting endless wars they can’t or won’t win
Accumulating massive debt far beyond their ability to repay
Refusing to guard their borders, allowing the nation to be inundated by an alien horde
Surrendering control of their cities to mob rule
Allowing indoctrination of the young
Moving from a republican form of government to an oligarchy
Losing national identity
Indulging indolence
Abandoning faith and family — the bulwarks social order.

In America, every one of these symptoms is pronounced, indicating an advanced stage of the disease.

Even if the cause seems hopeless, do we not have an obligation to those who sacrificed so much to give us what we had?

I’m surrounded by ghosts urging me on: the Union soldiers who held Cemetery Ridge at Gettysburg, the battered bastards of Bastogne, those who served in the cold hell of Korea, the guys who went to the jungles of Southeast Asia and came home to be reviled or neglected.

This is the nation that took in my immigrant grandparents, whose uniform my father and most of my uncles wore in the Second World War. I don’t want to imagine a world without America, even though it becomes increasingly likely.

During Britain’s darkest hour, when its professional army was trapped at Dunkirk and a German invasion seemed imminent, Churchill reminded his countrymen, “Nations that go down fighting rise again, and those that surrender tamely are finished.”

The same might be said of causes. If we let America slip through our fingers, if we lose without a fight, what will posterity say of us?

While the prognosis is far from good, only God knows if America’s day in the sun is over
Old 07-26-2021, 01:24 PM

Thumbs up

Hello I was here years ago , and after reading above post was moved to log in again . If you authored the message you are a good writer and I say AMEN ! WELL DONE. !!
Old 07-26-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old sailor View Post
Hello I was here years ago , and after reading above post was moved to log in again . If you authored the message you are a good writer and I say AMEN ! WELL DONE. !!
I am not the author. I received this in an email. I did a simple copy and paste. I felt there was a lot of wisdom in this writing and was compelled to share.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:31 AM

I could not agree more . I am ashamed of my country . Thanks for sharing .
Old 07-27-2021, 03:11 PM

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Ronald Reagan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFiend View Post
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Ronald Reagan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have decided that it is not the government that we should fear. The real fear is that if there was no election fraud then we have so many idiots among us who vote.