FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Mid South Outboards > Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 07-12-2017, 07:54 PM

Default Help with fish/ski

I have a 2004 Nitro fish/ski 188 sport. The back deck has a screw in ski pole and comes with a screw in cap when the pole is not there. Previous owner modifed cap somehow to accomodate pedestal for a seat. I never thought much of it until I lost it. Now come to find out it was a custom rig of some sort that Tracker/Nitro or anyone else I can talk to can't reproduce. I can only buy the $85 cap and then try to recreate his contraption...ANY THOUGHTS??? I've been googling and calling anywhere I can find with tracker/nitro parts and nada. Now looking to customize it myself, with some help of course.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Uummmm <'TK><

If you don't ski or have any use for the ski pole, replace the whole unit for a seat .. Hard to say without pics ... Sorry <'TK><
Old 07-12-2017, 08:55 PM

I do use the pole and I thought about laying the pedestal base over the ski pole base and bolting it that way, but the problem is it would become a pain to swap out when you want to switch from fishing to skiing. The current base is also very complicated to remove as its bolted through in several places with crossbars etc.