FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-11-2022, 07:51 PM

Definitely CenterHill or Dale Hollow, broke mine in this summer on CH in the middle of boating season with no issues. Old Hickory or Cumberland River would be a no…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2022, 07:56 PM

Dale Hollow, put in at Horse Creek and go to Dale Hollow State Park 30+nm. Find some shad in creek mouths and fish for SM for a bonus, by the end of the day you will have it basically broke in.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:18 PM

Exclamation

Just go do what you normally do.

Today's engines are designed where tolerances are way tighter than the past hence break-in, although recommended are really more for gear meshing rather than rings.

I would still Break it in but would not worry so much about doing it in one day or even a week just have fun and don't fret the time.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:50 AM

My Dealer said it should be in at the end of March. Still having trouble getting some parts. Specifically an Ulterra 36v. I might have to run the Ghost until they get some Minn Kotas in. Since the Triton dealer is in Cookeville, I guess we'll just stop by Center Hill on the way home and do the first 2 hours at least. Haven't been there in years wouldn't know where to launch...
Old 02-02-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
My Dealer said it should be in at the end of March. Still having trouble getting some parts. Specifically an Ulterra 36v. I might have to run the Ghost until they get some Minn Kotas in. Since the Triton dealer is in Cookeville, I guess we'll just stop by Center Hill on the way home and do the first 2 hours at least. Haven't been there in years wouldn't know where to launch...
I would get the ghost and not worry about anything love mine. I have been a minn kota person for as long as I have ran boats. I decided to try a ghost and have zero regrets.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
This.

I've hit something on that lake about every trip I make. Fished a 4th of July tournament last year, hit something doing 60.
Dang, never saw a log, telephone pole or other debris doing 60. Helluva current.