FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-21-2022, 10:42 AM

Default Crappie on Normandy

Finally, after 10 weeks have the boat back. I had to replace the axle, brakes and all that good stuff. Got it back Monday, went to Normandy Tuesday afternoon. While I've been waiting on my boat to be ready it's allowed me to run all new wiring to the electronics, Install active target and network everything together.

I quickly found out that my seals for my hydraulic steering went bad and they are leaking. Nothing like trying to turn and not much happening. It works but not very well, boat's now at Clark getting repaired. I did find some fish. I started scanning some off my deeper stuff and found some small schools of fish but nothing I wanted to spend time fishing. I decided to look up shallow and found a few small fish under docks but no keepers. I ended up out deep and caught a limit. I had a few 10" fish but most were larger with 4 being over 14".

Active target is worth every penny! It's nice being able to see how fish react to a bait and make changes based off that. I pulled up to one spot caught 3 fish back to back to back and then nothing. Fish would follow the bait but not commit. I switched colors and caught two more, stopped biting swapped colors again caught two more, all based off active target and the fish's response to my bait. I also got to see some bigger fish come up and bust a bait ball on AT, that was pretty sweet. Water temps were 60, these fish are ready to pop any day now.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:29 PM

Good report. Thanks. I have been fishing Normandy since late winter. except for the last month. Haven't done very well on the crappie. Talked with guys using AC or LS and they limit or near limit on a regular basis.
I have been working on my old Evinrude. Replaced the timer base and then got the timing checked. It was adjusted along with the idle and hotfoot was adjusted too. Crossing my fingers it's fixed now.
I bought the Lowrance HDS 12 carbon and AC. I bought marine wiring and connectors. Hope to get it installed soon. Seems like every spring I don't have time to fish. This year isn't any different.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan 54 View Post
Seems like every spring I don't have time to fish. This year isn't any different.

This is usually me too, just about the same this year. Thankfully mother nature kinda pushed things back a few weeks for us so maybe you can still find a spring bite. I'm currently running a 12 live at the dash and dual 9 FS at the front. I think this winter I will put a 12 live up front for AT. I hope that your rude is fixed, it's frustrating when nothing works like you want it to.
Old 04-23-2022, 06:34 AM

Good report, I am going down this morning to chase bass , it will be the first time on the lake.