View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 10:25 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnCreekMaster View Post
I'm working on that 😃 I'm split between getting a turbo diesel chevy Silverado, a twin turbo v6 f150 or holding out for the tri or quad motor cybertruck. My old 05 avalanche has been a great truck just hate the fuel mileage 14mpg average ☹️😔 got it in 2011 when I moved down here and have put 180,000 on it in the those 10 1/2 almost 11 years, she tows the hog and my deep v stratos like there's nothing back there, she's just seen alot of miles and just a matter of time before she needs some engine work done (245,000 miles) I just unfortunately had to put a new transmission in her ☹️
Sounds like the Avalanche has been good to you. It is a beast; wish they stuck with the platform. Took a few years, but they finally got it sealed and solid . . . now, discontinued.

Got a couple buddies with the straight 6 GMC diesel. They have no complaints so far. Both stepped down from the big duramax.

Son-in-law is a certified Ford mechanic at one of the big, local dealerships. He's not thrilled with the twin turbos . . . lots of moving (breaking) parts.

I'm probably going with the Tundra in '24 to replace my Canyon mini-max.

Again . . . nice rig!