View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 11:31 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striper View Post
7' medium rod. Paired with a Plueger president reel. 20lb braid. Unfortunately it was cheaper to buy a tranel rod than ship my personal ones.
Mostly I'll be goign for bass but will content anything on the end of the line.
While I had plenty of big gear years ago I now only use UL gear. But...with that type of gear and what you are not probably wanting to fish for I would go below Nickajack. Walk up the sidewalk to the dam. If you can get on the rocks and make your way to the rocks behind the first boil. Hybrids...Smallies...largemouth....just about anything will be in there. If you can't navigate the rocks look for the small cutbacks from the dam on down....right by the sidewalk. The hybrids below Nickajack can get quite large. On the opposite side of the dam make your way down the to the end of the bay where it meets the river. Smallies and Spots hang out there. The other spots you mentioned...Shellmound...Bennet Lake...Marion County Park...will be really be better for panfishing. But...at Marion County Park out on the hi way, is a culvert that goes under the road. You can see it on the map right before you get to the park. Park your car on the side of the road there and fish the culvert opening. Been known to produce big largemouth and plenty of big crappie.

Regards