FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Out Of State Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dale Hollow (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13802)

Halli 07-01-2022 11:42 AM

Dale Hollow

Not really out of state.

I have never fished Dale Hollow and need tips on mid September fishing.

Booked Sept 7th thru 11th at a VBRO with family and plan on fishing above and below on the Obey. I have fished the Obey about 20 years back and loved it.

I also plan on Booking Dave one day!

notorious 07-02-2022 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halli (Post 88911)
Not really out of state.

Booked Sept 7th thru 11th at a VBRO with family and plan on fishing above and below on the Obey. I have fished the Obey about 20 years back and loved it.

Fluorocarbon during daylight and finesse, night fishing is more productive for brown and green fish. If you can find the rainbow trout they will be abundant.
Vertical jigging on points and channels, edges of abundant grass's, panfish under lights, finding baitfish is the key. Trolling deeper water columns and daylight transitions will probably be the best action in the lake.

Halli 07-02-2022 07:51 AM

Thanks, sounds like great advice.

SAMBOLIE 07-02-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halli (Post 88911)
Not really out of state.

Tell the game warden that if you are too far north on the lake without KY license. :)

Flatline 07-02-2022 07:58 PM

Not to mention the goofy regulations for SM Bass. You're only allowed 1 over 21" and 1 under 16 " if I remember correctly.

SAMBOLIE 07-03-2022 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 88915)
Not to mention the goofy regulations for SM Bass. You're only allowed 1 over 21" and 1 under 16 " if I remember correctly.

That is probably 2 more than I would catch the way my fishing luck has been.

Halli 07-04-2022 10:22 AM

Will probably stay in Tennessee, and I don't eat Smallies unless there is no food available...hey I'm no fool!
I do plan on keeping any Walleyes and trout though!!!!!

Halli 09-13-2022 06:26 PM

Great time had by all

Stayed at a VBRO near Dale Hollow Marina. Had a great time with Yankee family who now thinks Dale hollow is empty! (Hahahaha) But it was great time with friends and family and before I left I hit the Obey with great results although small it was a nice day there.
Water temp was 83 and fish were deeper than I realized!

Halli 09-13-2022 06:31 PM

Most important thing was family, Bourbon, Beer and Grill time on the big deck our VBRO had !