FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-24-2019, 11:18 AM

Default lake levels: center hill 670. jpp 499

whats the highest ya'll have seen these lakes?
Old 02-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by commdd View Post
whats the highest ya'll have seen these lakes?
That’s highest I’ve seen it. The record is 681.4 back in 1984...I didn’t see it as I was in Saudi at the time.

Regards
Old 02-24-2019, 06:32 PM

Its up 35 feet since I started watching it 6 days ago. Insane!
Old 02-24-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Its up 35 feet since I started watching it 6 days ago. Insane!
...yea Summer Pool....sad my buddy is sweating it as he is working on the dam right now....hope it doesn't blow.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
...yea Summer Pool....sad my buddy is sweating it as he is working on the dam right now....hope it doesn't blow.
It's way over summer pool. It's now up 40 feet. 40 FEET! In the last week. It's 30 feet over summer pool. I honestly hope it stays up for a while. If it does the fishing will be phenomenal this spring. My 3 favorite ways to catch bass is in order of buzzbait, spinnerbait, and a jig. Those 3 presentations will dominate if the water stays high for a good while and the water temp gets in the mid to upper 50's. I'm just waiting on Christmas to come early.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
It's way over summer pool. It's now up 40 feet. 40 FEET! In the last week. It's 30 feet over summer pool. I honestly hope it stays up for a while. If it does the fishing will be phenomenal this spring. My 3 favorite ways to catch bass is in order of buzzbait, spinnerbait, and a jig. Those 3 presentations will dominate if the water stays high for a good while and the water temp gets in the mid to upper 50's. I'm just waiting on Christmas to come early.

I have several buzzbaits and never caught anything with them... granted that was 25 yrs ago while I lived in Florida, you are the first I seen admit and list them as a primary bait. It would be interesting to see you in action.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:46 PM

I agree . . . If it stays up in the trees, it will be topwater lunacy. The hard part will be keeping the blue gills off the buzzer. 👍😁
Old 02-25-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I have several buzzbaits and never caught anything with them... granted that was 25 yrs ago while I lived in Florida, you are the first I seen admit and list them as a primary bait. It would be interesting to see you in action.
Mr Flatline we need to have a talk sir! You go dig those 25 year old buzzbaits out of the box and tie one on. That's an order sir! On a serious note I would highly suggest you give them another try. Buzzbaits are a great technique to catch shallow bass. And contrary to popular belief you can and should throw them all day long when the bass are really eating them good. If it's sunny you just need to find some grass or some shade. When it's cloudy just throw that thing at every piece of cover you can. It's one of those baits that catches a lot of fish of all sized and also targets big fish. It's a great bait to cover water with when the bass are shallow.

I usually just get tight to the bank and cast parallel to the bank so my bait is in the strike zone the whole cast. I like to keep my bait right on the line where I can't see bottom anymore. When I get to a piece of cover I will make multiple casts and hit the cover from every angle I can. I can't count how many times I've caught a fish on the 4th or 5th cast I've made at the same piece of cover. My best days are when I put the trolling motor on high and never take my foot off the trolling motor unless I come to a specific target.

Another thing I do is take the skirt off every buzzbait I throw and put either a swimbait or a horny toad on instead. I add a couple dabs of super glue to the head of the bait and it keeps you from having to adjust your bait all day. Usually the only time it messes up is when the fish will finally rip it off and that usually takes at leat a half dozen fish.

I'll throw a buzzbait anytime the water is 50 degrees or more and the fish are shallow.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:43 PM

Now that is some seriously fine information that fills live-wells...especially if you fish Cumberland River/ OHL/ Cheatum, Cordell Hull... etc.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:34 PM

Thumbs up Buzzing Is Not Just For The Bees

Absolutely big guy!!! Get some buzzbaits and start tossing. They're my favorite for sure. Run along side of laydowns, over grass, .... And the blow-ups, wow!
Old 02-26-2019, 12:05 AM

I used to fish buzz baits in a ponds. I have never caught a fish on a metal bladed buzz bait. Always on a lexan(plastic) bladed bait. Especially a Bill Normans Triple Wing Buzz. They make a gurgle sound, not metallic. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:56 PM

My screen name is after the buzz bait. Its an absolute blast, it is like the spoon of the topwater when it comes to versatility.