FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Dakota S

Default Old Hickory Lowers End report

I put in at Shutes around 1030am. Even though the water had dropped about 6-8 inches and cooled off to 50-51 degrees I started with the same pattern from last Saturday. Picked up my spinnerbait with 50lb braid, because I'm throwing in the thickest cover I can right now. After about 45 minutes I had no bites. Moved to another area and picked up a spinnerbait, chatterbait and then a jig, no bites. The water temp was still 50-51 so I decided to change things up. Using my HDS9 I found a new spot, rocking area coming out of the creek near the channel with a stretch of brush for about 40 yards. Put on a jerkbait and bam within a few casts caught a 13 incher. Worked the area for a while then another hit, this one was a keeper just under 15 inches. I was in 6-10 FOW. I didn't get a full charge on my trolling motor so at this point the battery was low and headed back in. I'm always happy when I fish a new area and see brush and catch fish. Good Luck and Be safe!
Old 03-10-2018, 08:27 AM

Nice report.Seeing brush in 10' of water gives me chill bumps.Never know what might be in there.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the report