FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-13-2020, 06:06 PM

Default Center Hill Friday night tournament

Does anyone here fish the Friday night tournament out of Edgar Evans?
Old 09-15-2020, 09:19 AM

I never knew they had tourns there... Doesn't matter I haven't caught a bass since last summer down by Hurricane when the waters were extremely low. Now with full pool, its a new lake to figure out.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:27 PM

I’ve only fished it twice and had a couple things happen both times that didn’t seem on the up and up. First time ai fished I had a meanmouth and there was controversy over how long it had to be to weigh in. Seems to me like there should be one length. If it’s a meanmouth then it should have to be a certain length no matter what it looks like. Then I fished last week. The first time I fished the guy told me you have to be in line at 1am or you were late. Well last week I was lije the 3rd boat back to weigh in. I was back around 1245. I walked up on the dock and no one that runs the tournament was back yet. As I was walking back to my boat I spoke to the guy that runs the tournament while he was tying up his boat. It was roughly 1250. I went back to my boat and waited on people to start bringing up bags of fish. I was like 4th or 5th in line. When you sign up you draw for boat #’s and you turn in your chip at weigh in. The tournament director was weighing fish and another guy was writing down the weights. As my fish were being weighed I gave the other guy my chip. The other guy said that since my chip wasn’t turned in by 1am then I was late. I had no idea about this rule. But I had spoken to the tournament director at the dock before 1am so he knew I wasn’t late. But he never said a word while the other guy was talking to me. So I weigh my fish and the call out 12.59lbs. I was already pissed so I just walked back to my boat. The problem is that I know for a fact that we had over 12.59lbs. I don’t know if they gave me a late penalty but we had close to 14lbs. We had 1) 3.25-3.50 2) 3-3.25 3) keeper smallmouth that was fat. Had to be right at 3lbs 4) 2.5lbs 5) 2.08lbs(weighed it to cull). Of someone on here knows these guys then I want them to ask the tournament director what exactly happened
Old 09-16-2020, 09:46 AM

I would have been very vocal to a point everyone would have known the crap they were pulling. Sounds to me they are bias against you and that's not right. All rules should be reviewed BEFORE launching so everyone is on the same page. Sounds like a bunch of clowns in my book.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:32 PM

Yea they sure seem bias. I don’t know if it’s just me or any new people. I will tell you this that through both tournaments not one person has made me feel welcome. I don’t know a single person in that group of people. I just showed up one day because I’ve seen them blast off and return to weigh in several times while I’ve been there fishing. If they don’t want someone new fishing then they should just let them know up front. I’m not gonna fish it anymore anyway. There are a couple of things that they do that I don’t like. Number one is there is no livewell check. Number 2 is I haven’t seen them measure a fish at weigh in. Hell I haven’t even noticed a measuring board. The smallmouth that I weighed in the other night was just barely over 18” and it didn’t get measured
Old 09-17-2020, 10:27 AM

I don't blame you a bit... that would bother me as well
Old 09-17-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I don't blame you a bit... that would bother me as well
If you don't have any fish to weigh it doesn't matter what the rules are.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post

Old 09-18-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Hahahahahaha, this is why i'm afraid to fish tournaments lol
Old 09-19-2020, 09:46 AM

Last yr I fished several local catfish tourns.. I was the only one that didn't catch a single fish the whole time.. But I met a bunch of nice guys and that was the main reason for going anyhow