FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Mid South Outboards > Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-30-2019, 02:58 PM

Default My Projects

Here are some pictures of a few motors I have redone over the last few years. I hope I dont make the purists too mad with my choice of non oem colors and decals, these all get used on a regular basis.

1950 Evinrude Fleetwin 7 1/2 hp. This motor was bought new by my grandfather and has been handed down throughout the years. It had good compression so I never opened the powerhead. Made custom coils using the stock laminates and some Tecumseh lawnmower coils, re-sealed the gearcase and powder coated every piece. She runs like a top.

1970 Johnson Seahorse 9.5 hp. Picked this outboard up cheap, it had been severely overheated and required a lot of work. Managed to find a nice low hour cylinder assembly, new pistons and new rings. I replaced every gasket, seal and ignition components. She runs like a top as well, have 3 seasons on her without issue.

1971 Evinrude Fastwin 18 hp. This is my current project, picked her up cheap. Went all through this one as well, new rings, gaskets, seals and ignition. I designed and 3d printed a tiller handle grip for this one because nos and aftermarket grips are really expensive. This one might end up being for sale or trade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50 Fleetwin 1.jpg (602.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 50 Fleetwin 2.jpg (693.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 71 Seahorse 1.jpg (107.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 70 Fastwin 1.jpg (352.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 70 Fastwin 2.jpg (413.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 71 Seahorse 2.jpg (582.4 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by No1b4me; 10-01-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: mixed up the years 70 seahorse 71 fastwin
Old 10-05-2019, 06:02 AM

I really enjoy seeing folks take time for restoration of the old. Nice job keep the photos up on your projects.