FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-21-2020, 09:29 AM

Default Anyone around ?

What is everyone up to ? I mean the board is dead so that mean either you're working 12 hrs a day, fishing every avail minute or dead... So since no one has reported anyone dieing, that mean your fishing or working... What's up ?
Old 09-21-2020, 11:47 AM
lupan

Default Little of Both

1-2 days a week fishing.
Otherwise working.
Bite was awesome last week TH.
The change is on.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:32 PM

Spending more time on Zoom meetings every day than if I was actually in the office. COVID sucks.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:31 AM

I’ve been working a lot more and not fishing very much
Old 09-22-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Spending more time on Zoom meetings every day than if I was actually in the office. COVID sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I’ve been working a lot more and not fishing very much
Same. After 35+ years of running the rat race; I'm firing myself in 3 weeks. Hadn't planned on an early retirement, but I've had it. Will take 30-60 days to decompress and regroup. Still several more years of good work left in me, but I'm not going to spend those years behind a computer monitor.

I'll end up taking a huge pay cut. But I have a phenomenally wonderful woman by my side. My kids are grown. And I want to go out doing something I find productive, not just resulting in feathering the bank account.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonDaze View Post
Same. After 35+ years of running the rat race; I'm firing myself in 3 weeks. Hadn't planned on an early retirement, but I've had it. Will take 30-60 days to decompress and regroup. Still several more years of good work left in me, but I'm not going to spend those years behind a computer monitor.

I'll end up taking a huge pay cut. But I have a phenomenally wonderful woman by my side. My kids are grown. And I want to go out doing something I find productive, not just resulting in feathering the bank account.
Let me know if you need a partner! I’m at the point where the daily ass kissing is killing me.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:49 PM

Fished Old hickory yesterday,ended up with 14 channel Cats..Lots of bait fish out there being busted by bass,skip jacks,and cats..
Old 09-23-2020, 05:53 PM

Yesterday on Old Hickory lake

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2020, 07:33 PM

My best two from the week, Center Hill Sunday we caught about 20 and have been doing good on my home lake in Tansi, some bigger fish starting to bite

https://i.imgur.com/QdnreUn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GZsE434.jpg
Old 09-23-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennoutdrsman View Post
Fished Old hickory yesterday,ended up with 14 channel Cats..Lots of bait fish out there being busted by bass,skip jacks,and cats..

You're killing me man.... I still have at least 3 weeks before I'll be able to go fishing and even then I'll have to watch myself.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:23 PM

Not fishing much, too much work. But last weekend was decent, and now we are cooling it should get better.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonDaze View Post

I retired the last work day of 2006. I had 40 years service with the same company. It took about a year to realize that I had to answer to no one but my wife. No more ass kiss kissing. Just an occasional ass chewing.
After you decompress you will find so much to do that you will wonder how you ever had the time to work.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:19 AM

I maintain a blog of my fishing adventures here.

I've been fishing in out-of-the-way spots, like Lincoln Lake (a private lake in southern middle TN). I mostly fish fly these days, but my favorite river, the Elk, has been TAKEN OVER by a group of families who dominate the entire stretch by the dam. They park 6 - 8 cars on the shore, build fires, leave trash etc. They have satellite groups in EACH AND EVERY GOOD SPOT accessible by foot. They prop up 3 - 4 rods on sticks and clean 20+ fish per man. And they leave burned out skillets, fish parts, and trash everywhere.

So, I've been using my kayak to access less abused waters.

I did really well on Lake Tansi this summer with a fly rod (visiting some friends). Lost a massive fish that was either a hog largemouth or carp.

I've attached photos recent keepers. Both great fights!

Besides that, I'm working my butt off at work, dealing with Zoom school for the kids. Also took up skeet shooting, to give myself another outdoor activity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Bass 1.jpeg (100.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Bass 2.jpg (157 Bytes, 32 views)
Old 09-28-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Marshall View Post
I maintain a blog of my fishing adventures here.

I've been fishing in out-of-the-way spots, like Lincoln Lake (a private lake in southern middle TN). I mostly fish fly these days, but my favorite river, the Elk, has been TAKEN OVER by a group of families who dominate the entire stretch by the dam. They park 6 - 8 cars on the shore, build fires, leave trash etc. They have satellite groups in EACH AND EVERY GOOD SPOT accessible by foot. They prop up 3 - 4 rods on sticks and clean 20+ fish per man. And they leave burned out skillets, fish parts, and trash everywhere.

So, I've been using my kayak to access less abused waters.

I did really well on Lake Tansi this summer with a fly rod (visiting some friends). Lost a massive fish that was either a hog largemouth or carp.

I've attached photos recent keepers. Both great fights!

Besides that, I'm working my butt off at work, dealing with Zoom school for the kids. Also took up skeet shooting, to give myself another outdoor activity.

I fish Tansi 3-4 times a week , never saw a carp so you either hooked into a bass or catfish, there are some big ones in there