FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 01-29-2018, 08:29 PM

MEH!

If I pulled 10 rods with 3 swim baits each across half of priest I would catch fish like you too. CHEATER!
Old 01-29-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I've read through this thread a couple times to make sure I didn't miss something. I'm not speaking for Merv, but I think he is just trying to encourage more people to participate on the site. If you don't have anything to share and your looking for some information, then you could start a thread and ask for some. There are plenty of members here that gladly help someone trying to learn and Merv is certainly one of those members.

Besides, he doesn't have any friends so this is his only shot at being social. If you've seen him dance then you will know why!

On a more serious note. I'll tell a personal story of mine about why I'm a little tight lipped about exactly where I catch "my fish". This past fall I found a spot on JPP that was loaded with bass. It was after a big rain and the lake was flooded. Me and a friend caught something like 80 bass the day we found these two spots. Sitting in the same place making the same cast. Most were keepers but no big ones. I wanted someone that would appreciate a day like that to enjoy those fish so I posted about it on here and told a gentleman on here where to go so he and his son could have a great time. For whatever reason they were not able to have success at those spots. I knew those fish were probably still there so we went back with my boat and another boat and both boats caught over 50 again a few days later.

The point I'm trying to get to is that I felt really bad that I got a kids hopes up that he was gonna catch all these bass and he didn't hardly catch any if any at all. Now I know for a fact if I had been there that they would have caught a bunch. I don't want to do that to anyone else. I will help anyone I can but I'm not gonna tell anyone exactly where to go and what to throw anymore.
TX Rig don’t be so tough on yourself. My son and I catch fish pretty consistently, just not that particular day.

FYI-Tex Rig helped me in his example. For whatever reason, we had a tough day but the information was greatly appreciated and I learned that fishing is just like that sometimes.

I’m still new at fishing from a boat and use this forum to learn from those who have been doing it for years. I take the info I read and go try it on the water and spend time trying to figure out exactly what others are talking about.

If I have some success, I’m happy to post. I just don’t fish near as much as most on here, but I really enjoy the site.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:32 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
MEH!

If I pulled 10 rods with 3 swim baits each across half of priest I would catch fish like you too. CHEATER!
OK, You've got it figured out.
WHere would you troll those 10 rods?
What SPEED would you troll those 10 rods?
What BAITS would you troll on those 10 rods?
How fast would you troll those 10 baits?
What style baits would you troll on those 10 rods?
What color baits are used
Old 01-30-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
OK, You've got it figured out.
WHere would you troll those 10 rods?
What SPEED would you troll those 10 rods?
What BAITS would you troll on those 10 rods?
How fast would you troll those 10 baits?
What style baits would you troll on those 10 rods?
What color baits are used

That's to much to think about. I'm going to just keep throwing my swim bait and blade bait.

Merv, You are good at what you do!
Old 01-31-2018, 11:09 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
That's to much to think about. I'm going to just keep throwing my swim bait and blade bait.

Merv, You are good at what you do!

Just throw a banana in his boat!!!! It’ll be over shortly.

We have this conversation about twice a year about people lurking. That’s why I don’t give spots away or certain baits when I post. Not that I’m some bad ass fisherman, but because I get to spend limited time on the water, and when I find that one bait or area, I keep it to myself. But, if an active member sends me a private message and ask me I would happily spill the beans. I’ve been helped by many on this forum. Merv, Tx Rig, buccaneer, Tnbronzeback, woody, juice, deezltek, TK, alphahawk, and I’m sure there are others that I’m forgetting that have all helped me.

I guess my point to this is that to get in depth info, you gotta contribute. I love this forum, enjoy fishing with you guys, and meeting y’all. And hope to fish with more of you guys in the future.

Merv, I do know that if I was a guide, I’d tell everyone my info and say come see and learn from me. I’ll show ya everything. But give up very little on the Internet.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:19 AM

I've been working out of state since July. I've been home for one week since. All your reports get me through and remind me of home! When I get back and start fishing again I'll post. Don't stop post posting!!
Old 02-01-2018, 06:24 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Just throw a banana in his boat!!!! It’ll be over shortly.

We have this conversation about twice a year about people lurking. That’s why I don’t give spots away or certain baits when I post. Not that I’m some bad ass fisherman, but because I get to spend limited time on the water, and when I find that one bait or area, I keep it to myself. But, if an active member sends me a private message and ask me I would happily spill the beans. I’ve been helped by many on this forum. Merv, Tx Rig, buccaneer, Tnbronzeback, woody, juice, deezltek, TK, alphahawk, and I’m sure there are others that I’m forgetting that have all helped me.

I guess my point to this is that to get in depth info, you gotta contribute. I love this forum, enjoy fishing with you guys, and meeting y’all. And hope to fish with more of you guys in the future.

Merv, I do know that if I was a guide, I’d tell everyone my info and say come see and learn from me. I’ll show ya everything. But give up very little on the Internet.
Skillet, your last paragraph says it all.