FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-12-2018, 02:47 PM

Default Which one of you?

Who put the jinx on me? I know it's one of you guys. Lol. Let's just recap the week. Most of you know what happened Moday. Yesterday while fishing my cranking battery died and somehow my jumper cables are not in the boat. I had a dead battery bc my onboard charger decided it doesn't wanna work. It shows full charge but it's lying. I had a fishing tournament this morning and halfway through the morning I start getting some kind of alarm on my boat. I think it's an oil alarm. I had to get someone to go get my truck at Davis Corner and drive it to Flippers so I could load my boat. Then I get home and back my boat in the shop and as I pull the truck forward a hose that runs antifreeze busted and my driveway is full of antifreeze. Also my boat number got drawn for a new carhartt jacket but didn't win bc we didn't make weigh in.

A few honorable mentions; I had a tournament on OH this morning so I've had to fish a lake all week that seemingly has about 10 keeper bass in the whole dang lake. I haven't caught a limit total all week. We did have one keeper this morning before the boat messed up and was at least catching some short fish and lost one around 3lbs. The tournament had 24 boats and 8lbs won the tournament and 2.30lbs was big fish.

I'm afraid to get in my car and drive to work tonight. Ok my rant is over. If I find out which one of you put a hex on me just remember that payback is a you know what.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:37 PM

It was Skillet.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Dakota S

The good news is It can only go up for you now. Was it a 3 limit weigh in or a short tournament. Not a lot of weight. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2018, 06:28 PM

Old Hickory at her finest. You love her or hate her. Most hate her Lol
Old 05-12-2018, 06:55 PM

Skillet x2
That's bad luck if I've ever heard it. Was alarm solid or beeping. I think solid is overheating.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
The good news is It can only go up for you now. Was it a 3 limit weigh in or a short tournament. Not a lot of weight. Hmmm.

5 fish tournament. 24 boats. 530-1pm.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 05-12-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Skillet x2
That's bad luck if I've ever heard it. Was alarm solid or beeping. I think solid is overheating.
Lol. Watch out Skillet. It started with just 2 short faint beeps. I shut it down and took a peak at the oil to make sure I had some. Then I started back down the lake and got it again but decided to keep running and see what happened. About 10 seconds after 2 short beeps, I got 6-8 beeps in a row. I was right around Flippers so I just idled the boat in there.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:03 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
It was Skillet.
Yup, it were skillet!
He don't even haf to be in the boat with you, all you gotta do is think his name....and the hoodoo done gotchu.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:14 AM
Fishing Fool

Yup, I woke up yesterday morning and thought to myself, I’m gonna totally ruin some random persons day without even knowing it!!!

I fished Friday and did really well. We got on the water at 6:30ish and fished till about 11:30. I had 5 keepers, nothing big. Biggest was 16.5” and fat still. Might’ve been 2.5lbs. Only had one fish that looked to have come off bed, it’s tail was whooped and very bloody. All my fish were caught on a 1.5 squarebill or shakey Head. It was a hot and heavy bite till around 9:30. After that, not a keeper bite all day.

We did ride up to Johnny Cash’s old place. I’m curious if it’s frowned upon to dock a boat and walk up there since there’s nothing really there now. I wanted to, but didn’t feel like calling the ol lady from jail. 🤷🏻*♂️😂

Old 05-13-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Who put the jinx on me? I know it's one of you guys. Lol. Let's just recap the week. Most of you know what happened Moday. Yesterday while fishing my cranking battery died and somehow my jumper cables are not in the boat. I had a dead battery bc my onboard charger decided it doesn't wanna work. It shows full charge but it's lying. I had a fishing tournament this morning and halfway through the morning I start getting some kind of alarm on my boat. I think it's an oil alarm. I had to get someone to go get my truck at Davis Corner and drive it to Flippers so I could load my boat. Then I get home and back my boat in the shop and as I pull the truck forward a hose that runs antifreeze busted and my driveway is full of antifreeze. Also my boat number got drawn for a new carhartt jacket but didn't win bc we didn't make weigh in. I

A few honorable mentions; I had a tournament on OH this morning so I've had to fish a lake all week that seemingly has about 10 keeper bass in the whole dang lake. I haven't caught a limit total all week. We did have one keeper this morning before the boat messed up and was at least catching some short fish and lost one around 3lbs. The tournament had 24 boats and 8lbs won the tournament and 2.30lbs was big fish.

I'm afraid to get in my car and drive to work tonight. Ok my rant is over. If I find out which one of you put a hex on me just remember that payback is a you know what.

Have you tried going to church more? Seems to work for me.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
Have you tried going to church more? Seems to work for me.
I'm not quite sure how to respond. Could you elaborate a little more?
Old 05-13-2018, 04:45 PM

You could be like me and not have the time to even try and screw things up on the water.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
You could be like me and not have the time to even try and screw things up on the water.
Touche. It could be a lot worse.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:29 PM

Wear a UT hat next time it works for Bill Dance!

I premix my fuel now got tired of worrying about oil injection and have a temp gauge so I unplugged the purple wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bill dance emoji.jpg (11.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
Wear a UT hat next time it works for Bill Dance!

I premix my fuel now got tired of worrying about oil injection and have a temp gauge so I unplugged the purple wire.
I sure felt like ol Bill Dance last week and I may be headed in the same direction on the oil injector.