FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-27-2018, 09:23 PM
TN Transplant

Default Small craft bass tournaments?

Would anyone be interested in something like this around Nashville and surrounding area? I'm thinking maybe a 60hp max? I don't have anything in the works just trying to gauge interest a bit. This type of tournament was the norm where I am from in central IL. The most competitive circuit around was the IL Bass25 (25hp max). I know of a few tournaments of this nature in East TN as well.

I love to bass fish and love fishing the occasional tournament. I just really don't care to own a large bass boat and it's tough to be competitive in a small boat (I fish out of a 14ft aluminum). I have fished a few kayak tournaments but it's just not for me. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this same boat. Would anyone be interested in this sort of format? Appreciate any input yall might have.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheeled View Post
Would anyone be interested in something like this around Nashville and surrounding area? I'm thinking maybe a 60hp max? I don't have anything in the works just trying to gauge interest a bit. This type of tournament was the norm where I am from in central IL. The most competitive circuit around was the IL Bass25 (25hp max). I know of a few tournaments of this nature in East TN as well.

I love to bass fish and love fishing the occasional tournament. I just really don't care to own a large bass boat and it's tough to be competitive in a small boat (I fish out of a 14ft aluminum). I have fished a few kayak tournaments but it's just not for me. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this same boat. Would anyone be interested in this sort of format? Appreciate any input yall might have.

How about a no electronics tournament? with the new panoptics and other high tech electronics it really puts the average fisherman at a disadvantage , fish with only your god given abilities
Old 01-28-2018, 08:59 AM

I would be interested in this.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
How about a no electronics tournament? with the new panoptics and other high tech electronics it really puts the average fisherman at a disadvantage , fish with only your god given abilities
This could be interesting.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:09 PM

Default Small craft bass tournament

I would be interested in this as well. I fish out of a 16' aluminum boat with a 35hp motor.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:41 PM

Im no bass guy but i could be interested in something like this. Ive got a 70hp though....but i really like the concept of the rules.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
This could be interesting.
Lmao.....i cant catch fish with what ive got now.....dont take all my toys away! Lol
I might as well show up at the ramp, throw my entry fee in amd just drive back home. Lol

Better yet....kiddy fishing rods only tournament.
Spiderman, barbie, power rangers or my personal favorite.....sponge bob.
No high end, super fast cranking reels and pretty rods....just a $20 kids combo from walmart. Lol.
Lets make THAT happen!
Old 01-31-2018, 01:01 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Mmmmm... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheeled View Post

Pinwheeled, I like your concept ... I hope it generates a lot of interest that leads to an actual following ... Guys I know there is a lot of commendatory and inside ribbing ... But for some it is off subject and not contributing to the thread ... <'TK><
Old 01-31-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
Lmao.....i cant catch fish with what ive got now.....dont take all my toys away! Lol
I might as well show up at the ramp, throw my entry fee in amd just drive back home. Lol

Better yet....kiddy fishing rods only tournament.
Spiderman, barbie, power rangers or my personal favorite.....sponge bob.
No high end, super fast cranking reels and pretty rods....just a $20 kids combo from walmart. Lol.
Lets make THAT happen!

I actually picked up a kiddy rod to fish with last year. A few of my friends talked about having a kayak tournament and just using those rods, line of your choice.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:18 PM

I don't have a small engine craft but I have a friend who does and I would be game on something like this. Maybe combine the small engine and no electronics idea.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:58 PM
Fishing Fool

I’m game!!! 16’ bass boat with a 90hp on it. If that engine is too big, I’ll leave the key in the truck and use trolling motor only!!!! And KID RODS FTW!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2018, 08:32 AM

If this happens I hope its somewhere in between Crossville and Nashville lol
Old 02-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
If this happens I hope its somewhere in between Crossville and Nashville lol

If that happens, I'm out.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
If that happens, I'm out.

Come on man
Old 02-02-2018, 07:57 AM

Default Big boats

Hey guys,I would love to come fish a tourney. However I would have to be like Skillet and leave keys in truck. No problem maybe I could catch a few with a Snoppy rod. That big motor sure doesn't put-fish in my boat.
Personally I think if you would keep entry few low,as in just a fun tournament,guy with big motors would be stupid to run all over the place for nothing.