FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-28-2018, 08:49 PM

Thank you. What size boat and motor do you have? I'm really more interested in Walleye. I believe your theory of fish over the dam. Of course that means there are plenty of fish in the lake. Never have I seen that size crappie in Center Hill. I want to fish this Friday. Hope we don't get the rain they speak of. Again, thank you.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterchub View Post
Thank you. What size boat and motor do you have? I'm really more interested in Walleye. I believe your theory of fish over the dam. Of course that means there are plenty of fish in the lake. Never have I seen that size crappie in Center Hill. I want to fish this Friday. Hope we don't get the rain they speak of. Again, thank you.

My boat is 14.5 feet with a 54 inch bottom with 40 four stroke. Center Hill Lake has plenty crappie that size in it. Those black nose get big up in the lake.....when you find them getting a few IMG_2219 (1).jpgthis size is not uncommon. Out of the lake a couple of springs back.....I need to fish up in lake more.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2018, 09:07 PM

I launch and load on zero gens on the buffalo valley side of the Dam a lot.
I have a 15/42 tracker Jon boat with 10hp tiller and trolling motor.
It is tough, most of the time I have to back in and push the boat off a bit and pull my truck up and push on the boat some more.
As far as loading I will literally winch the boat on to the trailer all the way. Not fun in the the dark but I’m still in decent shape. I wish it was steeper and deeper!

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2018, 04:36 AM

Thats some nice crappie, I was down there also but went after they turned the generators off from 1-5 pm... Plum wore em out, but not crappie. I caught brook trout and white bass. I also caught a surprise sauger.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:41 PM

Never thought I would hear catching white bass and brook trout in the same sentence. Nice fish
Old 03-29-2018, 12:43 PM

Well I got a 17 foot sea nymph with a 60 Johnson on it. I will check things out tomorrow but will probably fish the lake. Checking out Walleye, Crappie, and Bluegills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
My boat is 14.5 feet with a 54 inch bottom with 40 four stroke. Center Hill Lake has plenty crappie that size in it. Those black nose get big up in the lake.....when you find them getting a few Attachment 9549this size is not uncommon. Out of the lake a couple of springs back.....I need to fish up in lake more.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk