FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-23-2018, 06:30 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Fun at Normandy.

Got up this morning trying to figure out if I wanted to put the boat in at Nickajack. I decided not to make the drive and headed to the Normandy tailrace hoping for some trout action. Fished for 5 hours and brought around 150 trout to hand....and a couple of nice 14 inch KY bass. Most of the trout were 11-12 inches with some going 13 inches. I used both the twitch method and the float method. My twitching rod was a Major Craft FineTail Banshee Area 6’ 7” UL trout rod with a Daiwa Imprimi 2004H reel spooled with 2# test NanoFil line with an 18 inch section of 2# test Phantom FC leader. The float rod was a Yamaga Blanks Blue Current 8’ 3” TZ UL long cast rod.....reel was a Daiwa Certate 2004CH spooled with SOS 2# test with an 18 inch section of Phantom FC leader. Used a Trout Magnet jig head in two colors....chartreuse and black. Trout Magnet body color was pink for about half the catch and Bison for the other half. The trout were jumping...zigging...zagging.....pulling drag, never giving up. The KY bass were flat “Diggin” and making the drag scream. I love ultra light angling....made for a great day. For those close by the flow at Normandy is good....lots of fish......the water is cold....... but easy kayaking. Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 09:13 PM
Sunfish Assassin

Ya see alpha 17 more days like that and you'll be at 2500 fish for the year maybe I should have said 5000 fish lol great day looks like to me
Old 03-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnCreekMaster View Post
Ya see alpha 17 more days like that and you'll be at 2500 fish for the year maybe I should have said 5000 fish lol great day looks like to me

LOL.....shoot Normandy was on fire today. Four kayaks paddled up river by my last spot I was fishing. Between the 4 I polled them and they had several hundred fish from down river. I have either missed the KY bass run or it has just begun...not sure which.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 09:29 PM
Sunfish Assassin

Hopefully the latter, this spring has been an exceptionally wild roller coaster I'm use to the typical middle TN ups and downs but this one takes the cake