FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-09-2018, 07:41 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Default Jpp 4/8/18

Fished Percy yesterday, more scouting than fishing.
Fished around Hong Kong, pulling deep diving crankbaits, managed to catch 16 big crappie, three hybrids 2-6 lbs, and a couple 14 3/4 in LM bass.
Water temps were 55-56 degrees, fish are suspended over 27-33 FOW, I trolled at 1.6 MPH.
After I caught my fish, I went scouting looking for hybrids, never found them.
I hit Long Hunter area, Schoolhouse, Cooks, Suggs, the Boulevard (Old Hickory cove), Goose Island, in front of the dam.
YMCA area between Pig Island and Hole in the Wall island.
I didn't hit Hamilton creek because they haven't been in there for the last two weeks I've checked.
I probably won't go now for the next few days as the wife works and I have to be home to take the daughter to school and pick her up at the bus stop after school.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:49 AM

This crazy spring is slow to bring the water temp up. Seems like its been around that temp for the past 3 weeks at least, probably longer.
Crappies should be about ready to burst after the warmer temps this week.....oh and just in time for yet more rain this weekend. Yay! Lol.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:15 AM

Thanks for all that scouting and info sharing Merv! Now I really don't know where to start fishing
... LOL.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:20 AM

Merv, sent you an email (not a PM).
Old 04-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
This crazy spring is slow to bring the water temp up. Seems like its been around that temp for the past 3 weeks at least, probably longer.

Crappies should be about ready to burst after the warmer temps this week.....oh and just in time for yet more rain this weekend. Yay! Lol.

Shut your whore mouth speaking of rain like that!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:

I'm off both days this weekend, Rain makes sense.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:36 PM

Did not cover as much water as you Merv, but did spend yesterday afternoon fishing, er... scouting between 7 points, the dam and 5 mile marker. Nothing
Old 04-09-2018, 01:53 PM

Were you targeting crappie with the cranks or happen to catch crappie trolling for hybrids? Friday afternoon in the rain I caught 21 nice crappie long lining, water temps were in the upper 50's. Yesterday wife and I went to same areas, temps were down to low 50's, bite was slow till about 2:30 then we hit a stretch of water and put 15 fish in the well in about 1.5 hours, didn't have the size Fridays catch did but were happy to catch some. We stayed in 10 - 14 fow staying between .8 to 1.0 mph.

Thanks for the report
Ray
Old 04-09-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Shut your whore mouth speaking of rain like that!!!!

Only an un-skilled, fair weather fisher-GIRL like yourself would let a little liquid sunshine cause a knock in his knees like that. Fish live in water, boats float. Sadly, txxds melt when they get wet, so yeah, i can understand your hesitation in wanting to fish in a little sprinkle. LMAO

Last edited by tkwalker; 04-09-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Only an un-skilled, fair weather fisher-GIRL like yourself would let a little liquid sunshine cause a knock in his knees like that. Fish live in water, boats float. Sadly, txxds melt when they get wet, so yeah, i can understand your hesitation in wanting to fish in a little sprinkle. LMAO

I have fished in more cold, windy, rainy days this year than I care to count, so every bit of that is false madam!! I’m sick of the week being nice and gorgeous and then here comes ol’ gloomy Saturday and Sunday. Snow one day, and hurricanadoes the next!! I’ve fished enough miserable weather this year. Just want to be able fish in jeans and a T-shirt without the threat of all the seasons in one day.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Ditto
Old 04-09-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
I have fished in more cold, windy, rainy days this year than I care to count, so every bit of that is false madam!! I’m sick of the week being nice and gorgeous and then here comes ol’ gloomy Saturday and Sunday. Snow one day, and hurricanadoes the next!! I’ve fished enough miserable weather this year. Just want to be able fish in jeans and a T-shirt without the threat of all the seasons in one day.

Im with ya! mines not even for the fishing reason. We just moved into the house and there is a ton of outdoor work to do. Sloppy mud aint my thing.
Im just waiting for that first morning when i can walk outside and no frost, no arctic breeze.....just sunshine and warm.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Fishing Fool

We moved into our house in December. Brand new build and that’s all I have is a mud and straw yard with a few sprouts. Kinda like it that way, it’s not interfering with my fishing!!! Lol