FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-23-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Thanks Everybody! Luckystratos just left the driveway we got it in and ready to Rock n Roll! I guess I know who's getting my secret spots this year Hell of a guy in real life. What an awesome place this forum is, and just good ole fashioned folks helping each other. My faith in humanity has increased a little today! Bring on the Spawn!!!

That’s great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 07:05 PM

Thanks for kind words Adrian. Always try help someone out because I never know when I might need some help. I think you and Texas Rig are the only ones I have meet on this forum but everyone seems like great people. Some maybe a little crazy lol but genuine. Several have tried to help with my guntersville trip next week and they will never know how much I appreciate it. Take care my friend.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:47 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Repair ... <'TK><

Adrian, A thought. With Luckystratos's help. When you get ready to have the seals checked... All you need to do is remove the lower unit and drop it off to whoever and let them pressurize it to determine the leaking seal and replace. That way you can leave your boat in the garage ... By looking at the milky color of your oil you do not have a real bad leak, but it is more than condensate. Just a thought... <'TK><
Old 03-24-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Adrian, A thought. With Luckystratos's help. When you get ready to have the seals checked... All you need to do is remove the lower unit and drop it off to whoever and let them pressurize it to determine the leaking seal and replace. That way you can leave your boat in the garage ... By looking at the milky color of your oil you do not have a real bad leak, but it is more than condensate. Just a thought... <'TK><
You're absolutely right TK. That's what I plan on doing. I'm going to change the gear oil in a few months and check it out to determine if it scares me or not. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-24-2018, 08:20 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Yep, Water... Means a seal leak ... Now High Performance Quicksilver Hypo oil mixes with H2o and still gives sufficient lube, it will get you by.. Need to have the seals replaced as well as the H2o Imp. ... Buy a boat cover if you want to leave at a dealer ... $$ .. I would suggest Larry Hagan in Lebanon ( ask Skillet) if you want to save some $$ ... A boat cover is always a good investment even if you keep it in your garage ... <'TK><

Got my boat back yesterday and it shifts smooth as silk. Larry is a good guy and knows his stuff. I’d highly recommend giving him a call for the seal kit and impeller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2018, 12:05 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Also ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
You're absolutely right TK. That's what I plan on doing. I'm going to change the gear oil in a few months and check it out to determine if it scares me or not. Thanks for your help!
After using the boat, let it set for at least 5 days. The water and oil will separate. the water will go to the bottom. Leave you upper vent screw in. Remove the lower fill screw; the first thing out will be water. This will determine how bad the leak is. If it is less than a spoon full that could be condensate.(not a big concern) Now a lot of this determines how often the boat is used and the oil change intervals.

You do not have to completely drain the gear case if only a small amount of water is detected, just remove the upper vent screw and add new Oil until it overflows out of the vent. Note: I only recommend this with Quicksilver High Performance Hypo oil only. <'TK><
Old 03-26-2018, 12:33 PM

Wink Cake Pan

Your next batch of brownies or cake will be extra moist and oily! Nice drain pan.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:57 PM

How hard is it to change out an impeller? Is that a job for a pro or did you (Adrian) watch and think you could do it yourself next time?
Old 03-27-2018, 01:18 AM

TK, You're right... When I first drained the oil I did the water test & none came out, but it always has that little marble look to it. I suspect condensation as it was sitting outside all winter until recently. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the information!
Old 03-27-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTrevecca View Post
Your next batch of brownies or cake will be extra moist and oily! Nice drain pan.
i just grabbed what was near The wife understands... haha!
Old 03-27-2018, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhick View Post
How hard is it to change out an impeller? Is that a job for a pro or did you (Adrian) watch and think you could do it yourself next time?
I think I could change it, however, I would NOT want to change it alone. Just putting the lower unit back together and lining up the 3 pertinent parts is really a 2 man job unless you do it every day or have 3 hands.