FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-03-2018, 04:06 PM

Default Normandy question

Went to Normandy Dam yesterday looking for trout knowing the flow was at a ridiculous 47cfs, but wanted to try anyway. Fishing was way below average, with the bite picking up at dusk and saving the afternoon. I am curious about the water though. It was a cold 54 degrees, but the color of a farm pond in July. I've never been on cold trout tailwater with a murky color anywhere like this, unless gates were open. Anyone have an idea what is causing this / experience this before? Just curious.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbrown View Post
Went to Normandy Dam yesterday looking for trout knowing the flow was at a ridiculous 47cfs, but wanted to try anyway. Fishing was way below average, with the bite picking up at dusk and saving the afternoon. I am curious about the water though. It was a cold 54 degrees, but the color of a farm pond in July. I've never been on cold trout tailwater with a murky color anywhere like this, unless gates were open. Anyone have an idea what is causing this / experience this before? Just curious.

Normandy gets that way at times. I was over there for a little bit yesterday and caught around 30 trout and a decent bonus walleye. I have done well over there the few times I’ve went this year.....on March 23 had over 150 trout and some nice KY bass. The water will get better.......by the way....at a flow of around 50 CFS is when you will most likely catch big numbers.

RegardsIMG_1067.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 09:54 PM

I went last Wednesday, 170 CFS. Caught around 50 trout and missed probably twice as many, one smallmouth and a spot. Water was dingy but it did not matter.