FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-26-2018, 09:30 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Rumors and muddy water.

I had heard rumors.......I went to Old Hickory Lake today to try a spot from the bank. The water was very muddy but I was there and the weather was nice so just plopped my bucket down and started fishing. Well after quiet a few cast, with different colored Trout Magnets and a Midnight Blue ThunderHawk Dancer, I decide to give the Fin Spin a go. I never have been one to fish spinner baits but if the conditions ever called for one it was today. Tied on a 1/32 ounce pink Fin Spin...and of all things put a Bison colored Trout Magnet on for the body.....and it worked. I tried other body colors but Bison was it. Caught several largemouth in the 13 inch range or so...and a couple of very nice crappie....and about 4 short crappie with some yellow bellies thrown in the mix.....all these fish caught in a foot of water. Not bad for just about 2 hours of fishing. All fish caught on the Tict Ice Cube 6’ 9” Mebaru UL rod using SOS 2# test line....lots of fun. What did I learn today? Well the Fin Spin will catch fish........I will be back at same location as water gets clearer.....LOL. I also got a call from a fishing buddy who told me where to go for some white bass tomorrow...and yes I will be going. Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2018, 10:32 PM

Nice catch. I saw that lake today and it was muddy and high.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:13 PM

What brand measuring board is that? I sure like the scale being in inches on both sides and the curve in it should help hold the fish on board. And nice catch of fish also!
Old 02-26-2018, 11:30 PM

Hey, you keep yourself down at nickajack and pickwick. You start catching fish on old hickory and you are going to confirm I'm a terrible fisherman. At least before I could pretend it was because of the lake😖

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
What brand measuring board is that? I sure like the scale being in inches on both sides and the curve in it should help hold the fish on board. And nice catch of fish also!

That’s a “Hawg Trough”. I know they are sold at HOOK1 and are available online at many places.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk