FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-23-2014, 07:00 AM

Default Best way to fish crappie magnets?

Under a cork, tight lined, how?
Old 08-23-2014, 07:08 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseasl View Post
Under a cork, tight lined, how?
I do most of my crappie fishing from the bank or a kayak. I don't fish the Crappie Magnet like most. I use the cast and twitch method......counting down as it falls of course to where I think the crappie are. Here is a video link that explains the ways that most crappie fisherman fish a Crappie Magnet.

Regards

http://troutmagnet.com/video-detail.php?id=41
Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 AM

I catch most of my crappie on crappie magnets slow trolled on the 1/8 oz head. When I am catching them under a float or twitching its on Trout magnets.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:16 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

I've found the best way to catch crappie with the crappie magnet is to drop it right in the middle of a big school of feeding crappie.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:58 AM

I have struggled just casting them and twitching so I always fall back to the float.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
I've found the best way to catch crappie with the crappie magnet is to drop it right in the middle of a big school of feeding crappie.
Ive tried that and still didnt catch anything. Ive tried them things and tried them, i just cant catch anything on them other than skippies below old hickory.
Ya might say my success with them has been.....crappie!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:31 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

I'll be honest here. They aren't my favorite bait for crappies either. As a matter of fact, they hardly rank on my crappie bait meter.

I know others have good luck with them, but not me.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:13 PM

I started using CMs this last Spring and they quickly became my jig of choice. (last year I used TMs). Before the spawn, I used CMs in the spider-rig setup. Used two of the Double-Cross jig heads (1/8 oz. nickel) with about 18" of space between them. Both were tied with Palomar knots on 8 lb. mono. I have six rods on the front when fishing by myself and eight if two people were in the front of the boat. Any color combination with red or Chartreusse worked. I still kept a couple of rods with minnows on the bottom and CMs on the top. The CMs consistently out fished the minnows. When the fish started moving up on flats, we would use the CMs under one of the CM floats and cast it out over the flats. You could catch a fish almost every catch.

Once the spawn ended and the fish scattered out, I used the CMs with the same setup with my slow troll method and the wore them out. I became a believer in the CMs. I would recommend that you go on the website and watch the CM videos. Also, start with one of the CM assortment kits. That will give you a variety of colors and includes the jig heads and floats. The baits really stay on the jig heads well. Once you determine your color preferences, the jigs and tails can be ordered in quantity.