FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Default Tim’s Ford 5-31-19

Fished a small club tournament on Tim’s Ford Friday. Caught two keepers within the first hour but then nothing except a small one for the next few hours. Then caught a third keeper around 1:30 pm. Tough fishing. First place had 12 pounds. I came in second with 6.8 pounds.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:05 PM

Good job finishing second. I think Tim’s Ford is one of the tougher places to figure out.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:42 AM

We camped at Fairview/Devil step May31-Jun3 and this is usually a productive time of the year all I caught was a couple smalls and one 4lb largemouth bass. We even trolled some cranks one day trying to pick up a hybrid but that was unproductive. I seen a lot of fish suspended in 15 FOW in anywhere from 20-30 FOW. I tried everything to get those to bite. Nothing at all, I tried deep divers, swim baits even some Carolina rigs. My guess they were after schooled baitfish. I found some big bait balls in the back of a couple creeks I threw into those without success either. I don't know what I was doing wrong. The fish I caught were on lipless crankbait and rattletrap along with a couple smalls on a jig.