FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Out Of State Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 10-13-2019, 11:15 AM

Texas rig dale hallow is cool and all but if you want to catch the same size smallies with much easier and safer access you go up north. Period. I’ll dm a place for you that is the most incredible smallmouth fishery on the planet and it is an absolute bucket list spot for smallmouth fisherman. The problem with that spot is getting. There safely. I’ve been there but only when we can fly the float plane to it.

I would like to go to dale hallow with someone who knows how to use the float and fly technique. I’ve tried with minimal success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy15 View Post
Texas rig dale hallow is cool and all but if you want to catch the same size smallies with much easier and safer access you go up north. Period. I’ll dm a place for you that is the most incredible smallmouth fishery on the planet and it is an absolute bucket list spot for smallmouth fisherman. The problem with that spot is getting. There safely. I’ve been there but only when we can fly the float plane to it.

I would like to go to dale hallow with someone who knows how to use the float and fly technique. I’ve tried with minimal success.

I definitely know that up north is the best smallmouth fishing on the planet. I was just letting Tyler know that we have some amazing smallmouth fishing right here in northern middle Tennessee. Dale Hollow is that place. I had several days on Dale Hollow this spring where I caught 15-20 smallmouth over 3-5lbs. 5lbers are pretty regular for someone that knows what they are doing on that lake. I have no problem catching them there and I'm no smallmouth expert. I'm not very good at finesse fishing and I need to work on that. I power fish up there and have no problem getting bit at the right times of the year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1226.JPG (1.23 MB, 16 views)
Old 10-13-2019, 05:46 PM

Also Dale Hollow is very safe and easy to access
Old 10-13-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:

Also, I haven't tried the float and fly but it's very popular on DH in the winter time
Old 10-13-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I definitely know that up north is the best smallmouth fishing on the planet. I was just letting Tyler know that we have some amazing smallmouth fishing right here in northern middle Tennessee. Dale Hollow is that place. I had several days on Dale Hollow this spring where I caught 15-20 smallmouth over 3-5lbs. 5lbers are pretty regular for someone that knows what they are doing on that lake. I have no problem catching them there and I'm no smallmouth expert. I'm not very good at finesse fishing and I need to work on that. I power fish up there and have no problem getting bit at the right times of the year

How often do you go? I’d split gas or tow my boat with ya every time. That is a very very very nice smallie. In my opinion the best bass to catch!

Old 10-13-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
How often do you go? I’d split gas or tow my boat with ya every time. That is a very very very nice smallie. In my opinion the best bass to catch!

I go up there pretty often. I'll be spending quite a bit of time up there from now until next spring. I burned up my trim motor on my boat and I'm dropping it off tomorrow. You can tag along anytime after I get it back and get up there a couple times and figure them out. It won't cost you a dime as I'll be up there anyway.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I go up there pretty often. I'll be spending quite a bit of time up there from now until next spring. I burned up my trim motor on my boat and I'm dropping it off tomorrow. You can tag along anytime after I get it back and get up there a couple times and figure them out. It won't cost you a dime as I'll be up there anyway.

Sorry about your trim man. I had an old Astro that the wiring got all fried up and we had to trim it but putting a butter knife in the terminals

Old 10-21-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Sorry just now seeing these messages, I'm down for Dale Hollow anytime... I have only fished Dale Hollow once and I believe it was just the wrong time of the year. I know its THE smallmouth lake, but it seems like a difficult lake to fish, I really would like to go with ya and see how you fish it. I could throw a rock and hit Old Hickory so I spend most my time there, but also fish Center Hill a good bit. Smallmouth are really the only thing I fish for lol and I found a handful this year in the 4-5lb range on Old Hickory...
Old 11-02-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 View Post
Sorry just now seeing these messages, I'm down for Dale Hollow anytime... I have only fished Dale Hollow once and I believe it was just the wrong time of the year. I know its THE smallmouth lake, but it seems like a difficult lake to fish, I really would like to go with ya and see how you fish it. I could throw a rock and hit Old Hickory so I spend most my time there, but also fish Center Hill a good bit. Smallmouth are really the only thing I fish for lol and I found a handful this year in the 4-5lb range on Old Hickory...
Dale Hollow used to intimidate me when I first started fishing it. The clear water just got to me and I wasn't comfortable fishing it. I finally got it and I love fishing there. Spring and summer are by far my strongest seasons on the lake. Quite frankly fall and winter I have traditionally sucked but I'm dedicated to figuring it out this winter. For whatever reason I just struggle when the lake is drawn down. At summer pool it's just easy to look at a navionics map and find fish. I'll figure it out and when I do you should join me. If I don't then it will be a blast come next spring because the smallmouth absolutely chew almost every day in the prespawn