FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-15-2020, 08:06 PM

Default On a serious note

Yesterday I experienced something I don't ever want to again. As some know I am a OTR truck driver. I own my own truck and trailer and haul heavy equipment , machinery and whatever pays the best.

Yesterday I was at a wind mill farm 40 miles from any real civilization loading up some crane boom sections and job boxes when I thought I had just gotten over heated. I went to the truck turned on the AC and started drinking water and toweling off uncontrollable sweat. It progressed into weakness pains and disorientation. I was having a bad heat stroke or a heart attack... When I could control myself or think straight, I had the site foreman call for a ambulance.

I had pains across my back my chest, shoulder and weakness in my left arm. When the ambulance finally arrived .... like 30-40 mins... my oxygen level was at a 79% ..! My body was shutting down.

The doctors told me that I didn't have a heart attack, but what they labeled as an "event"., just short of a full blown attack.

I'm not going to mention any details, but with a loaded truck in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't be down. Within an hour of reaching the hospital I was just fine, but the doctors were pretty blunt about me not. I told them I had no one there, had no place to stay to recuperate... I was refusing further treatment until I got home.

So as this moment, I cannot exert myself in any fashion. I deliver in Oklahoma City Monday and then I will be bouncing home where I will contact my doctor and resolve these "issues"... apparently they thought I have some major blockages. I hope to be home by Wens if all goes well.

This heat is serious and one needs to consider it when you're working out in it. I feel fine at the moment, but this has been my second heat stroke event since 2008 and it takes it out of you permanently each time.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:07 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default I Feel your pain.. <'TK><

The more I read I was thinking you were going into septic shock like I did last October. Pretty much some of the same symptoms (Blood pressure 59/30) ICU for 5 days...

Man, it sounds like you dodged a big bullet... GET YOURSELF Checked out when you get home !! ... TK
Old 08-15-2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Yesterday I experienced something I don't ever want to again. As some know I am a OTR truck driver. I own my own truck and trailer and haul heavy equipment , machinery and whatever pays the best.

Yesterday I was at a wind mill farm 40 miles from any real civilization loading up some crane boom sections and job boxes when I thought I had just gotten over heated. I went to the truck turned on the AC and started drinking water and toweling off uncontrollable sweat. It progressed into weakness pains and disorientation. I was having a bad heat stroke or a heart attack... When I could control myself or think straight, I had the site foreman call for a ambulance.

I had pains across my back my chest, shoulder and weakness in my left arm. When the ambulance finally arrived .... like 30-40 mins... my oxygen level was at a 79% ..! My body was shutting down.

The doctors told me that I didn't have a heart attack, but what they labeled as an "event"., just short of a full blown attack.

I'm not going to mention any details, but with a loaded truck in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't be down. Within an hour of reaching the hospital I was just fine, but the doctors were pretty blunt about me not. I told them I had no one there, had no place to stay to recuperate... I was refusing further treatment until I got home.

So as this moment, I cannot exert myself in any fashion. I deliver in Oklahoma City Monday and then I will be bouncing home where I will contact my doctor and resolve these "issues"... apparently they thought I have some major blockages. I hope to be home by Wens if all goes well.

This heat is serious and one needs to consider it when you're working out in it. I feel fine at the moment, but this has been my second heat stroke event since 2008 and it takes it out of you permanently each time.
Prayers for your safe travels and recovery.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
The more I read I was thinking you were going into septic shock like I did last October. Pretty much some of the same symptoms (Blood pressure 59/30) ICU for 5 days...

Man, it sounds like you dodged a big bullet... GET YOURSELF Checked out when you get home !! ... TK

Yes I will be getting myself checked out as soon as I get home. My O2 was 79%.. BP was somewhere 187/83 which normally is like 120/60.
Like I mentioned before this is my 2nd heat stroke in 12 yrs and it seem that each time just takes that much more out of you.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:42 PM

Flatline, I don't think the truckers get the respect they deserve. Lots of people think it is an easy job. You get to the Dr. and take care of yourself.
It ain't gonna be long before we get to a greasy spoon and share a meal.
Best wishes.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Flatline, I don't think the truckers get the respect they deserve. Lots of people think it is an easy job. You get to the Dr. and take care of yourself.
It ain't gonna be long before we get to a greasy spoon and share a meal.
Best wishes.

I Thank you... I spent half the day calling ins co and doctors and settled with Dr Woods.. he's supposed to be one of the top doctors in Lebanon.. I see him Thursday. I'm on my way home as we speak... Hopefully tomorrow afternoon if things go well.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:44 PM

God Speed !
Old 08-20-2020, 09:05 PM

Default Update 8-20

Well guys I went to see Dr Woods at St Thomas to day.. I have to say he is a no nonsense direct right to the point doctor... Took another ekg and told me you had a heart attack despite what everyone else said ( that I didn't). Tuesday I go to in for a little exploratory and repair or insert stints as needed. He wouldn't tell me, but I think he pretty sure I'll need a stint or two... So we'll see.
If they find nothing, I'll be home that same day or the next day if I stint is needed.
I feel great otherwise...

Looks like I'll be looking to go fishing soon
Old 08-20-2020, 09:15 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Well guys I went to see Dr Woods at St Thomas to day.. I have to say he is a no nonsense direct right to the point doctor... Took another ekg and told me you had a heart attack despite what everyone else said ( that I didn't). Tuesday I go to in for a little exploratory and repair or insert stints as needed. He wouldn't tell me, but I think he pretty sure I'll need a stint or two... So we'll see.
If they find nothing, I'll be home that same day or the next day if I stint is needed.
I feel great otherwise...

Looks like I'll be looking to go fishing soon
Flatline, I've been there ... First off you will probably get a nuclear stress test and they will see if you have a blockage ... I have two stints that I received in 2004. But I had another Stress Test last year because of some symptoms I thought I had ... But I was okay...

Hang in there and keep us informed with your progress ... TK
Old 08-20-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Flatline, I've been there ... First off you will probably get a nuclear stress test and they will see if you have a blockage ... I have two stints that I received in 2004. But I had another Stress Test last year because of some symptoms I thought I had ... But I was okay...

Hang in there and keep us informed with your progress ... TK

No testing... they are going in exploring the heart and fixing what they find
Old 08-21-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
No testing... they are going in exploring the heart and fixing what they find
Hoping they do not need to do any repairs and that you are on the water soon.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:35 PM

Default Update 2

Hello my friends.. It seems I have failed my first test. To compound matters further it seems I am an overachiever in that they pumped me full of Plavix which my body seems to like and keep in my system ... so therefore I am stuck here for the next five days until my blood replenishes itself in which they’re gonna crack my chest open and do a triple bypass. It seems like I have, not one but two widow maker blockages waiting to take me out with a third one for backup.

So here I sit in St. Thomas West waiting till Monday where they can crack me open reroute some veins arteries or whatever they’re going to do my chest. Then keep me for another for five days before they release me to go home for a three month healing process.

It seems my problem is genetic or hereditary and does not involve any of my fine culinary skills in fact my cholesterol has dropped 10 points from two years ago... on the bright side I’ve had two Covid test and both came up negative, just think if I was to contract Covid with my unforeseen heart issues I could have become a statistic at 59 years of age.

So there you have it guys looks like I have time to go fishing because I’m not going to be going back to work until sometime soon beginning of December
Old 08-27-2020, 07:32 AM

Praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:33 AM

Anyone heard from Flatline?
Old 09-02-2020, 12:14 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Last visit ... TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Anyone heard from Flatline?
His last visit to the site was 8-30-20 (Sunday)