FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:46 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 471
Talking Caught 10 Nice Keepers on OH 5/15

Thanks to the advice from Buccaneer, Halli, Texas Rig, & Notorious, we zoned in on what to look for and where to find it. We hooked into at least 10 of about the same nice sized keepers along deeper points, grass, and deeper docks between Avondale and Cages Bend, even into Cedar Creek. Found some smaller schooling bass on 10'-15' flats up from Avondale that we crushed with a drop shot. The winning baits were a Green Pumpkin Ned Rig, (me), and Green Pumpkin Shaky Head with garlic dip-n-glow (happy). We had 5 temporarily in the live well, but she could only hold 4 in the picture for her Instagram which is @thehappypayne for anyone interested. Things are looking UP! Appreciate the Tips Fellas!!!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:12 PM
luckystratos luckystratos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: portland
Posts: 170
Default

Adrain.good report. Man those are nice. I haven't been in a while. Hoping to crappie fish this weekend. Friend has been wearing out crappie on docks.Then I will get back to chasing green fish.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 607
Default

Nice job guys! Glad you could get on a few decent fish. There was a tournament out of Saunders Ferry that my buddy fished in this morning. 40 boats and 10lbs won it. My buddy locked through to the river and had a smallmouth that would've won big fish, but a barge had a mechanical failure at the lock and he got locked out. It's tough but should get better any day. My mind is officially off that lake now but I'll be back.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:35 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Adrain.good report. Man those are nice. I haven't been in a while. Hoping to crappie fish this weekend. Friend has been wearing out crappie on docks.Then I will get back to chasing green fish.
Sounds good. I forgot to mention the 2 crappie I caught on a dock by accident. They must be hungry
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:40 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Nice job guys! Glad you could get on a few decent fish. There was a tournament out of Saunders Ferry that my buddy fished in this morning. 40 boats and 10lbs won it. My buddy locked through to the river and had a smallmouth that would've won big fish, but a barge had a mechanical failure at the lock and he got locked out. It's tough but should get better any day. My mind is officially off that lake now but I'll be back.
10 pounds huh? We could have won it if it was a 5 bass limit! I'm hoping it's about to get better any day like you said, it's feast or famine out there. The wife is gone all week next week so I'm going to hit it hard and heavy to try and make sense of it all. I can't follow any pattern or logic these things are telling me. Some are pale, some are green, some are bloody, some are just not there, some deep, some shallow, some trees, some rocks, some mud. I'm so confused!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:14 AM
deezelteck's Avatar
deezelteck deezelteck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison, TN
Age: 36
Posts: 313
Default

Nice!

Good report.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:31 AM
Buccaneer Buccaneer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 571
Default

You sore lipped my fish! I'm happy for you, nice day on the water.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2018, 05:24 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
10 pounds huh? We could have won it if it was a 5 bass limit! I'm hoping it's about to get better any day like you said, it's feast or famine out there. The wife is gone all week next week so I'm going to hit it hard and heavy to try and make sense of it all. I can't follow any pattern or logic these things are telling me. Some are pale, some are green, some are bloody, some are just not there, some deep, some shallow, some trees, some rocks, some mud. I'm so confused!


Welcome to Old Hickory bass fishing!!! 😂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Halli's Avatar
Halli Halli is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hermitage
Posts: 698
Thumbs up Wow

Sounds like you found your own pattern good job!

"I can't follow any pattern or logic these things are telling me. Some are pale, some are green, some are bloody, some are just not there, some deep, some shallow, some trees, some rocks, some mud. I'm so confused!"

Like Skillet said Old Hickory changes everyday but is still a great Lake.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:44 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Adrian Adrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 471
Default

I have learned nothing this week... The only thing I know for sure, I Hate Wakeboarders!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:41 PM
Buccaneer Buccaneer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 571
Default

That situation is only gonna get worse. We’re going to need to be on the water at 0300 and off by 0900 if we weekend fish.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:46 PM
thehick176 thehick176 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 582
Default

Hahaha that's why I fish at night from now until about Oct.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:47 PM
notorious's Avatar
notorious notorious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: The Great State of Tennessee
Posts: 369
Default

Happy to see you guys having so much fun!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:58 AM
deezelteck's Avatar
deezelteck deezelteck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison, TN
Age: 36
Posts: 313
Default

The boats that throw a wake over my bow are the guys that irritate me..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
FishingTN.com