FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 07-17-2018, 08:11 PM

Default Throttle and gear cables

Anyone know the best source for a throttle cable? Mine broke, thank goodness I wasn't 10 miles down river. I can't seem to find OEM ones. It's a Mercury Black Max. 1987 model. Still trying to figure out how to remove/replace it too. My shop manual has no info on this! Thanks for any ideas and help.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:44 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormdunker View Post
Anyone know the best source for a throttle cable? Mine broke, thank goodness I wasn't 10 miles down river. I can't seem to find OEM ones. It's a Mercury Black Max. 1987 model. Still trying to figure out how to remove/replace it too. My shop manual has no info on this! Thanks for any ideas and help.
The cables are readily available ... but it seems you want to do this yourself but lack the "HOW TO manuals"and possibly the skills especially the recognition on what you are dealing with, as far as removal, replacement and adjustments etc... ... Save yourself time ,money, and heartaches ... Any marine dealer can replace all of this for you... But if you want to save some $$ contact Larry Hagan in Lebanon 615-289-8620 ... Now he will have to order the correct length you need ... Tell Him I sent you ... <'TK><
Old 07-18-2018, 08:21 PM

Thanks TK. I am pretty much a do it yourselfer, but I can see where this might be better left to someone who knows what they are doing. I'll call Larry, there a few other things I'd like to tend to also that he probably could do. Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.