FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-20-2020, 08:53 PM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 394
Default Center Hill Lake on a Saturday

I have never seen Center Hill Lake so busy with just about every boat you can think of or so rough. I've developed a further dislike for these damn wake boats. The waves they create are big enough to literally launch you out of the water.... many times. And of course they are going in every direction so now you have 3' waves cris-crossing one another, so its not like you can ride it out.. Hell I had one wave swamp me from behind like a tsunami filling my boat with about 20 gals of water.


However I did manage to catch a 16-18" talking catfish... that's right I said talking. It was grunting at me like we were old pals. I was going to have it for dinner but decided to released it at the end of the day. I'm just too toasted from the sun and tired from fighting the waves all day.



Speaking of sun, I had 2 things of sun block that were supposed to stay in the boat and both were missing. I'm thinking I need to upgrade the boat with a Bimini top... Boy what I would have done for some shade today.



I'm going to stick to fishing during the weekdays... I'm done weekend fishing. Its too crazy out there.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-23-2020, 07:08 AM
Schleprock's Avatar
Schleprock Schleprock is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Crossville
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I have never seen Center Hill Lake so busy with just about every boat you can think of or so rough. I've developed a further dislike for these damn wake boats
.
I'm going to stick to fishing during the weekdays... I'm done weekend fishing. Its too crazy out there.
not sure if its something new or there have always been so many wakeboats but they must have had a huge sale on them and now every yahoo can afford one , they have ruined Dale Hollow, Center Hill, Watts Bar and even Melton Hill , its ridiculous

I used to love having the weekends off but would love having a few days during the week off instead, was off last Tuesday and we went to Chickamauga, was so nice fishing without a thousand boats
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2020, 09:43 AM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
not sure if its something new or there have always been so many wakeboats but they must have had a huge sale on them and now every yahoo can afford one , they have ruined Dale Hollow, Center Hill, Watts Bar and even Melton Hill , its ridiculous

I used to love having the weekends off but would love having a few days during the week off instead, was off last Tuesday and we went to Chickamauga, was so nice fishing without a thousand boats



They cause so much damage to shorelines and docks. I wish they would outlaw them
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2020, 01:46 PM
Schleprock's Avatar
Schleprock Schleprock is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Crossville
Posts: 347
Default

Spent 12 hours on CH last night, ZERO , NADA. SKUNKED!!!!!!!!


< threw a ned rig, a jig, crankbait, texas rigged creature bait, worm, a swing head, a shakeyhead, a dropshot, topwater, weighless fluke, swimbait and a chatterbait, if I would have had my kitchen sink I would have thrown that too , fished deep, shallow and medium , never been so frustrated in my life

My buddy did manage 3 including a 4lb smallie at 3am
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Today, 02:22 PM
Saltwaterwalt's Avatar
Saltwaterwalt Saltwaterwalt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Old Hickory, Tn.
Posts: 289
Default

I thought there use to be a boating regulation that you are responsible for damage from your wake? Not so? A man I knew who owned a large cabin cruiser told me that. He always watched that he didn't swamp anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Today, 04:07 PM
SalmonDaze SalmonDaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Juliet, TN
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwaterwalt View Post
I thought there use to be a boating regulation that you are responsible for damage from your wake? Not so? A man I knew who owned a large cabin cruiser told me that. He always watched that he didn't swamp anyone.
True
But, seldom enforced.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
FishingTN.com