FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-12-2019, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Sorry to say... I am going on 74 years old and can't get in a boat anymore with out help ... I have always had beer on board in the past except when guiding ... As well as a 357 mag, 24/7 no matter where I am ... guiding, pleasure, or even Walmart and even church and a movie theater!

In the past I have defending fellow Bass Tourney mates who had been accosted by road rage on the water from either a drunk or meth head with my fire arm ... And that was in the 70's...

With the meth heads and other drugs out there now, no matter where you go ..One needs to protect themselves ... Use common Sense !! In my opinion any one who ventures out on our water ways with out a fire arm is a fool in this day in time !! Beer or no beer ... as Client Eastwood said ... Every one should know their limitations in this case, either drinking or firearms ... ... TK ..

PS. As far as politics go I wouldn't get in a boat with a far Left Liberal Democrat ... Right off the bat you know he is not going to be carrying, and wants someone else to protect him .. Thank God for people who have stepped up to protect this country and the meek or just folks who do not know what they would do in a crises, indecision's will get you killed .... SSGT. TK Walker Vietnam Vet. TET Offensive 1968/69
If you hadn't put your name at the bottom, then I would have sworn my dad wrote that. He is also a Vietnam Vet. I'm very pro gun but I never carry a weapon unless I'm hunting. It drives my dad crazy. Whether it be his house, boat, shop, or truck he's never more than 2 steps away from a firearm if he doesn't have one hidden on him. And you would never know it unless you have a close relationship with him. He doesn't preach to everyone about guns or anything so most of his acquaintances have no idea, but you better believe he's ready to protect himself and his family at any moment. I keep my boat in his shop so I see him all the time when I'm leaving to go fishing. I always laugh to myself because every time I leave and he's there he tells me a location of a sidearm and that I should grab it on my way out. He knows I'm not going to but doesn't miss a chance to remind me. I know he worries a lot about me fishing by myself so much but my best friend who fishes with me most of the time is just like my dad so usually there is a firearm on board.

Last edited by tkwalker; 09-14-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Sorry to say... I am going on 74 years old and can't get in a boat anymore with out help ... I have always had beer on board in the past except when guiding ... As well as a 357 mag, 24/7 no matter where I am ... guiding, pleasure, or even Walmart and even church and a movie theater!

In the past I have defending fellow Bass Tourney mates who had been accosted by road rage on the water from either a drunk or meth head with my fire arm ... And that was in the 70's...

With the meth heads and other drugs out there now, no matter where you go ..One needs to protect themselves ... Use common Sense !! In my opinion any one who ventures out on our water ways with out a fire arm is a fool in this day in time !! Beer or no beer ... as Client Eastwood said ... Every one should know their limitations in this case, either drinking or firearms ... ... TK ..

PS. As far as politics go I wouldn't get in a boat with a far Left Liberal Democrat ... Right off the bat you know he is not going to be carrying, and wants someone else to protect him .. Thank God for people who have stepped up to protect this country and the meek or just folks who do not know what they would do in a crises, indecision's will get you killed .... SSGT. TK Walker Vietnam Vet.

T.K. You can do what you want and I don’t care. I’m a very able bodied young man that has farmed, worked construction and worked hard labor my whole life. I played 4 years of NCAA division 1.
I also live by the phase “perfect preparation prevents piss poor performance” I have a plan and a back plan and a back up back up plan already formed before it arises.

I’m no liberal but I’m also not a republican. I’ve been called a libertarian and and anarchist just this week.

I’ll put it this way “I don’t care if my gay neighbor defends his weed and coca plants with his suppressed AR-15 that has a drum mag and a bump stock on it. Afterwards we’ll drink out of his still on some tax free likker”

If you can’t get along with me you just want more govt and regulations. Both things that get in the way of our fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy15 View Post
T.K. You can do what you want and I don’t care. I’m a very able bodied young man that has farmed, worked construction and worked hard labor my whole life. I played 4 years of NCAA division 1.
I also live by the phase “perfect preparation prevents piss poor performance” I have a plan and a back plan and a back up back up plan already formed before it arises.

I’m no liberal but I’m also not a republican. I’ve been called a libertarian and and anarchist just this week.

I’ll put it this way “I don’t care if my gay neighbor defends his weed and coca plants with his suppressed AR-15 that has a drum mag and a bump stock on it. Afterwards we’ll drink out of his still on some tax free likker”

If you can’t get along with me you just want more govt and regulations. Both things that get in the way of our fun.

Well Said ..... TK
Old 09-12-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:

PS. As far as politics go I wouldn't get in a boat with a far Left Liberal Democrat ... Right off the bat you know he is not going to be carrying, and wants someone else to protect him .. Thank God for people who have stepped up to protect this country and the meek or just folks who do not know what they would do in a crises, indecision's will get you killed .... SSGT. TK Walker Vietnam Vet.

God Bless you

I'm sure you have seen a lot of changes in your 74 yrs.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:

I’m going by the odds and I’ve never had to fire a shot so I don’t need one. When have you ever been in a gun fight on the water? Or heard of one? What odds do you think it will end well? Plus what is a pistol going to do past 15yrds? Are you carrying your AR on the boat so you can accurately shoot your target from range?

I actually fish with a friend that keeps an AR in his rod box, I find it funny. My Glock 19 has a RMR mounted to it and it can be shot well out past 15 yards, 50 yards is pretty easy, 100 is very doable. If you are engaging at those distances shit's pretty serious, not a Personal defense situation.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:43 AM

I always carry when I am out, mainly because I want to come home to those who need me. Priest is pretty much like a 3rd world country nowadays - and when was the last time you heard about any of the shootings or break ins being solved? Meaning those criminals are all still out there and also know they are unlikely to get caught. You are pretty much on your own when it comes to your security.

Although I live close to Priest I mainly like to fish/hunt/hike up on the Plateau. Much prettier and wilder there plus you have mountains, gulfs, rivers, walleyes, muskies, and hogs for more variety. And while its much safer crime wise law enforcement is pretty scarce so again you are on your own. I have a place up there that is very isolated - behind my gate security is pretty much up to me as law enforcement would be a long time getting there if they could even find it.

I am like TK I would never let a libtard in my boat or on my land as they are the enemy of all I hold dear in life. Not really a worry though as the CSA battleflags on my boats and SCV plates on my vehicles work great for lib zombie repellant.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Thumbs up 12 or 6

I just carry a small framed Ruger when out and the area's that
concern me most are ramps and gas stations.

And yes I have been approached at Old Hickory Beach launch area
late at night and had to draw on a belligerent person that would not back off. I feared for my safety and as such drew my firearm of which
Mr. Methhead got sober quick and left me alone.

Now day's for me it's like my pocket knife if I leave the house without it I feel like I have left my wallet.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:30 AM

I find it sad that we as a society have found ourselves having to carry to protect ourselves while trying to fish.

One nice thing I'm seeing is those of us that are willing to voice our opinions, that we are like minded
Old 09-12-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I find it sad that we as a society have found ourselves having to carry to protect ourselves while trying to fish.

One nice thing I'm seeing is those of us that are willing to voice our opinions, that we are like minded
Ya it is confirmed, you're allowed to fish with me anytime.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post

late at night and had to draw on a belligerent person that would not back off. I feared for my safety and as such drew my firearm of which

Now day's for me it's like my pocket knife if I leave the house without it I feel like I have left my wallet.
Yep, I bet it is a Ruger LCP 380.. Nice guns .. I use one for a back up most of the time or my North American Arms 22 Mag revolver.... TK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2702 (2).JPG (1.44 MB, 21 views)

Last edited by tkwalker; 09-13-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post

You can’t handle a drunk when you’re sober?

Old 09-12-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
You can’t handle a drunk when you’re sober?

I don't think its so much of handling as much as unpredictability. Besides a drunk is one thing and its another when you have one that is tweeking or is on something a lot worse. You hear it all too often when a cop tasers someone and it doesn't even effect them. Its easy to talk about defending ourselves out there, but its completely different when its actually going down. Its hard to predict how a drunk or a tweeker is going to react. Kind of like a bass... will it hit a worm, spinner or a jig and will it run towards you or the other direction
Old 09-12-2019, 07:31 PM

I used to work in bars and night clubs and I've seen drunks that could not be stopped by one person. The scariest thing I've ever seen was a drunk raging one night. I saw the destruction that he inflicted on a few vehicles and had he got his hands on a person it would have been really bad.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Yep, I bet it is a Ruger LCP 380.. Nice guns .. I use one for a back up most of the time or my American Arms 22 Mag revolver.... TK
Bigger,... The new LC9s is a great gun although it was made with no Safety I am as safe as can be and use Hornady Critical Defense Ammo.

I target Shoot with FmJ but my loaded ammo is Hornady CD!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:20 PM

Sorry if any of ya'll had to go into your safe space for a bit!!!! But the Leaders of the future where talking and will allow an opening as long as a it follows the OLD Constitution! Yeah we are the Guard.......We are Thomas Paine, James Monroe, Benjamin Rush, And so On. Least ye Forget!!!