FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Alphahawk's Avatar
Alphahawk Alphahawk is offline
Master Trout Magnet
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbia, TN
Age: 65
Posts: 5,187
Default Good start to the week.

Hit Nickajack this morning at 8:30 a.m. In 3 hours caught 17 crappie all 11-12 inch fish. Not what I am looking to bring home and fully expect it to get better as the water cools. It was stifling heat and humidity down there today with the water like glass.....not so much as a hint of a breeze. The fish came out of 21 feet of water holding tight to a ledge wall. I was using the Tict Ice Cube “Rockin Drift” 6‘ 9” UL Mebaru rod with 1.5# test line with an 18 inch section of 2# test Phantom fluorocarbon as a leader. I was twitching a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/64 ounce TM jig head after a countdown of 30 for the drop. Made for a lot of fun using the UL with 1.5# test line. This is my spot that gives up tons of crappie every fall. Life is good!

Regards







Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-09-2017, 06:50 PM
TerryD TerryD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lewisburg, TN
Posts: 74
Default

Sounds like a good trip to me. Been a while since I caught a limit in only 3 hours.
Good report. Stay after them, the bigger fish should be close.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-2017, 07:17 PM
jaycee jaycee is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Hit Nickajack this morning at 8:30 a.m. In 3 hours caught 17 crappie all 11-12 inch fish. Not what I am looking to bring home and fully expect it to get better as the water cools. It was stifling heat and humidity down there today with the water like glass.....not so much as a hint of a breeze. The fish came out of 21 feet of water holding tight to a ledge wall. I was using the Tict Ice Cube “Rockin Drift” 6‘ 9” UL Mebaru rod with 1.5# test line with an 18 inch section of 2# test Phantom fluorocarbon as a leader. I was twitching a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/64 ounce TM jig head after a countdown of 30 for the drop. Made for a lot of fun using the UL with 1.5# test line. This is my spot that gives up tons of crappie every fall. Life is good!

Regards







Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Sounds like you were in the honey hole. Congratulations on your catch.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Alphahawk's Avatar
Alphahawk Alphahawk is offline
Master Trout Magnet
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbia, TN
Age: 65
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Sounds like you were in the honey hole. Congratulations on your catch.


Thanks John.......they are moving in. I am anxiously waiting on the white bass.....hybrids....to move in below the dam.


Regards


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2017, 10:04 PM
deezelteck's Avatar
deezelteck deezelteck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison, TN
Age: 35
Posts: 271
Default

Nice fish. Cooler water has always been better crappie fishing for me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-2017, 09:55 AM
XxthejuicexX's Avatar
XxthejuicexX XxthejuicexX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro
Age: 33
Posts: 2,783
Default

You're honey holes never cease to amaze me. I'm debating on Tim's or Nickajack for Saturday with me dad. I passed you a couple weeks ago I think as you were gasing up at the Exxon on church, thought about stopping but figured you would wonder who the random guy that was trying to talk to you was.
__________________
NOPE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Alphahawk's Avatar
Alphahawk Alphahawk is offline
Master Trout Magnet
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbia, TN
Age: 65
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
You're honey holes never cease to amaze me. I'm debating on Tim's or Nickajack for Saturday with me dad. I passed you a couple weeks ago I think as you were gasing up at the Exxon on church, thought about stopping but figured you would wonder who the random guy that was trying to talk to you was.


Yeah that was me.......should have stopped. The fishing is just starting to turn on at Nickajack. A lot of bass were busting around me yesterday........still a lot of grass in the lake. Going to fish tail race tomorrow. Got a tree marked in 14 feet of water and am hoping a bunch of fish have moved in on it........only tree in water for a mile around so should hold something......LOL.


Regards


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-10-2017, 11:46 AM
XxthejuicexX's Avatar
XxthejuicexX XxthejuicexX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro
Age: 33
Posts: 2,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Yeah that was me.......should have stopped. The fishing is just starting to turn on at Nickajack. A lot of bass were busting around me yesterday........still a lot of grass in the lake. Going to fish tail race tomorrow. Got a tree marked in 14 feet of water and am hoping a bunch of fish have moved in on it........only tree in water for a mile around so should hold something......LOL.


Regards


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct, with nothing else around they should stack up on that. Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure you will catch 100 +
__________________
NOPE
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com