FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-03-2017, 02:49 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 695
Default Small jaw action

Haven't been fishing as much as I need too lately. Work sucks!!!! But we've hit the river a couple times here the last two weeks and been catching a lot of smallmouth. Man they dig!! No giants, but decent fish. Using multiple methods. Topwater, drop shot, Texas rigs, jerk baits, and cranks have all been producing.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-03-2017, 04:07 PM
jaybird's Avatar
jaybird jaybird is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
Posts: 137
Default

Nice!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Alphahawk's Avatar
Alphahawk Alphahawk is online now
Master Trout Magnet
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbia, TN
Age: 66
Posts: 5,192
Default

Nice fish......get you some 2# test line and an UL rod and they really be “Diggin”....LOL.

Regards


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-03-2017, 07:22 PM
fairweatherfisherman fairweatherfisherman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Conyers, Ga
Posts: 102
Default

Nice bass.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Halli's Avatar
Halli Halli is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hermitage
Posts: 656
Exclamation

If you don't like Tennessee Why the hell do you fish it??? You Act like you like our area but yey wear Traitor Color...Hey No problem but when was the last time yer azz Supported youre own area. Damit Support Your Area
not an area that is full of Bovine Scat. WE ARE TENNESSEE>>>
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-03-2017, 08:14 PM
XxthejuicexX's Avatar
XxthejuicexX XxthejuicexX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro
Age: 33
Posts: 2,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
If you don't like Tennessee Why the hell do you fish it??? You Act like you like our area but yey wear Traitor Color...Hey No problem but when was the last time yer azz Supported youre own area. Damit Support Your Area
not an area that is full of Bovine Scat. WE ARE TENNESSEE>>>


I refer you to Butch Jones!


Plus, he could be fishing wheeler or Wilson.
__________________
NOPE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-03-2017, 08:14 PM
XxthejuicexX's Avatar
XxthejuicexX XxthejuicexX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro
Age: 33
Posts: 2,784
Default

One more time



Butch Jones..........




That's all....
__________________
NOPE
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-03-2017, 09:42 PM
TNBronzeback TNBronzeback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 1,651
Default

GO BLUE!!!
Just figured i would throw my 2 yankee cents in there too! lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:31 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Nice fish......get you some 2# test line and an UL rod and they really be “Diggin”....LOL.

Regards


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Thanks...means a lot coming from you. I don't have those skills yet alpha. They come with years of honing! But, I'd be glad to learn from the master himself!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
If you don't like Tennessee Why the hell do you fish it??? You Act like you like our area but yey wear Traitor Color...Hey No problem but when was the last time yer azz Supported youre own area. Damit Support Your Area
not an area that is full of Bovine Scat. WE ARE TENNESSEE>>>


You sound butt hurt that UT can't win a simple ball game!! Just a little background on myself, I am from Auburn University country, always been a DIE HARD ALABAMA FAN, and always will be. If it truly bothers you, then I suggest to NOT look at any of my post from here on out. Good day sir.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:43 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 695
Default

One more....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-04-2017, 05:00 AM
Halli's Avatar
Halli Halli is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hermitage
Posts: 656
Thumbs up

I think I'm just more jealous over the fish having to see the shirt.

And There should at least be a 1998 in that Glass case. Man what a long time ago!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Buccaneer Buccaneer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 491
Default

Hey Skillet the flow rates have been pretty low down below the dam and it sure looks like the water level is down. Are you finding the topwater bite to be a daybreak type of deal or are you hitting the shaded banks primarily? Are you locking through?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-04-2017, 08:35 AM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Hey Skillet the flow rates have been pretty low down below the dam and it sure looks like the water level is down. Are you finding the topwater bite to be a daybreak type of deal or are you hitting the shaded banks primarily? Are you locking through?


You are right, flow and water level has been low. But still able to use the ramp below the dam. The water level according to the TVA app was 386.90. Just really have to pay attention to what you're doing, but we haven't had an issue launching a 18'6 bass boat there. The top water is pretty much all day and haven't fished the shady side hardly any at all. I'm sure there's fish to be caught on the shady side, but we haven't fished it. The whopper plopper has been my bait of choice. I need to step away from it and try a walking style bait this weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-04-2017, 08:57 AM
TNBronzeback TNBronzeback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 1,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
You are right, flow and water level has been low. But still able to use the ramp below the dam. The water level according to the TVA app was 386.90. Just really have to pay attention to what you're doing, but we haven't had an issue launching a 18'6 bass boat there. The top water is pretty much all day and haven't fished the shady side hardly any at all. I'm sure there's fish to be caught on the shady side, but we haven't fished it. The whopper plopper has been my bait of choice. I need to step away from it and try a walking style bait this weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used that long, narrow, death ramp once.....ONCE! lol
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com