FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-23-2019, 10:49 AM

Default Anybody wanna fish?

I know its a long shot but my friend backed out on me and I'm headed to JPP. I'm putting in at 7 points around 12. I'll be bass fishing. If anyone wants to go then just pm me. I'll check here a couple times before I take off
Old 03-23-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I know its a long shot but my friend backed out on me and I'm headed to JPP. I'm putting in at 7 points around 12. I'll be bass fishing. If anyone wants to go then just pm me. I'll check here a couple times before I take off

Man I would definitely take you up on that but my youngest son has a ball game at 2. I went out last Saturday at noon from long hunter and caught LM on white spinner baits in 3-7 FOW. Let me know next time you have an open seat. I mainly trout fish, but the Caney is out of commission and the lakes blow my little 15’ Jon all over the place.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2019, 06:55 AM

I was out crappie fishing or I would have gone. The Crappie were slow, only caught 10. How did you do?
Old 03-24-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:

I'll be putting in at viverett
Old 03-24-2019, 11:38 AM

It was pretty slow for me to. I caught 7 with only 1 keeper. I couldn't really find what I was looking for. The water just looked like crap. I thought it would have cleared up by now. The water temp is perfect for catching shallow prespawn fish but I just couldn't make it happen. I didn't spend much time fishing points because every one I came across seemed to have 2 boats sitting on it. Lot of fishermen out yesterday.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:56 AM
Dakota S

Texas Rig we probably passed each other at some point. I put in around 12 at Long Hunter and caught about 14 trolling ARigs for hybrid, white bass and did catch a few striper. I was mostly between LH and Hong Kong. I did make a run to Suggs and caught a few fish but yes the water in Suggs had a funky look. Water was better between LH and HK. Water temp was a bout 57-60. In 20-30 FOW trolling about 15 feet. Biggest Hybrid was 4.5 and fought like a 8lber. All fish has big bellys for sure. Cant wait to get out again.
Dakota
Old 03-24-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Texas Rig we probably passed each other at some point. I put in around 12 at Long Hunter and caught about 14 trolling ARigs for hybrid, white bass and did catch a few striper. I was mostly between LH and Hong Kong. I did make a run to Suggs and caught a few fish but yes the water in Suggs had a funky look. Water was better between LH and HK. Water temp was a bout 57-60. In 20-30 FOW trolling about 15 feet. Biggest Hybrid was 4.5 and fought like a 8lber. All fish has big bellys for sure. Cant wait to get out again.
Dakota
I should have went further up the lake. I screwed up by making the assumption the lower end would have the cleanest water. It was almost like an algae bloom. In a lot of places it looked like there was oil in the water. Like streaks of brown that wasn't mixing with the waterand it had a shiny sheen to it. I was fishing down a bluff wall behind a boat and I even went up to them to let them know they may have an oil leak because of what I was seeing. Then I moved around and kept seeing it. I'm not proud of the way I fished yesterday. With the water temperature and time of year I just couldn't leave the bank and that was a mistake. I never adjusted. Im glad you had a good day and I wish I would have ran up the lake a bit. I know better. Good luck next time out.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:42 PM
Dakota S

Quote:
I should have went further up the lake. I screwed up by making the assumption the lower end would have the cleanest water. It was almost like an algae bloom. In a lot of places it looked like there was oil in the water. Like streaks of brown that wasn't mixing with the waterand it had a shiny sheen to it. I was fishing down a bluff wall behind a boat and I even went up to them to let them know they may have an oil leak because of what I was seeing. Then I moved around and kept seeing it. I'm not proud of the way I fished yesterday. With the water temperature and time of year I just couldn't leave the bank and that was a mistake. I never adjusted. Im glad you had a good day and I wish I would have ran up the lake a bit. I know better. Good luck next time out.

I actually went to Suggs thinking it would be clearer than Longhunter area. LH was pretty good too, was surprised for sure. I also know there were two bass tournaments out of Long Hunter I was lucky to get a spot to park. They were parking on the road way down from the ramp. From about 2 to 5 it was really nice on the lake when all the bass tourney guys finished up. I’ll sure you’ll catch em next time out.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:44 PM
Dakota S

An add on from my Saturday report. A few pics.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
An add on from my Saturday report. A few pics.

Nice catch
Old 03-24-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
You are right the water is messed up and has been for while. It has been horrible for the crappie this winter.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:59 PM

the last day i was at jpp was wednesday the 20th. the water was very brown. its so bad i am considering moving my boat to a different lake. if i remember correctly it was this way last year also. i have been keeping fishing records for at least five years and last year was the worst for me at jpp in terms of numbers and size (bass).
Old 03-24-2019, 08:51 PM

Glad someone had some luck... I had what looked like a 2lbr chasing my frog, slapped at twice right at the boat.. surprised the hell out of me. One one person I talked to while waiting my turn to load up caught one, everyone else skunked as well. I threw everything but the kitchen sink and nothing. I had gone into one cove and had fish feeding and jumping all around me, couple big ones too.. Some day my luck will change.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commdd View Post
the last day i was at jpp was wednesday the 20th. the water was very brown. its so bad i am considering moving my boat to a different lake. if i remember correctly it was this way last year also. i have been keeping fishing records for at least five years and last year was the worst for me at jpp in terms of numbers and size (bass).
You might not want to consider Old Hickory.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 AM

hey TX RIG... its not the muddy water i mind its the weird brown stain, as you said i thought it was an oil spill. hopefully it will get better soon.