FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-24-2019, 09:36 PM

Default Boat Numbers

I finally received my registration in the mail for the new boat. The guy I bought the boat from never put anything on the boat other than the orange sticker. I have a guy that doesn't live too far from me tell me that he never put his numbers on the boat, however he has two board with numbers affixed to them instead. Personally I find that odd. I mean that is two more objects to keep track of.

The paperwork states that the numbers must be on the boat.. So what's the deal ? On the boat or on (for lack of any other terms) a paddle that you can hold up ?

btw, 21's color is purdy blue
Old 01-24-2019, 10:16 PM

I don’t think that would work. TWRA would think you are trying to swap across multiple boats. Not worth the risk of a ticket they are just Stickers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2019, 10:29 PM

Can’t imagine why you wouldn’t? I had a canoe with a trolling motor attached and it required numbers...
Sounds like another reason just to get checked by the man if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2019, 10:46 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Here is your answer <'TK><

https://www.google.com/search?q=Disp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 01-25-2019, 12:09 AM

That is what I thought as well.. I have them and they will be going on
Old 01-25-2019, 12:08 PM

Exclamation

Also that will be the boats permanent number for Tennessee even if it is sold.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:11 PM
ALANRAYG2

I would think the boat numbers would be required to be properly displayed. Especially going into another state.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:13 PM

Call me anal, but I went to install the numbers today and discovered Bass Tracker didn't install the graphics right. On the starboard side, the graphics are 4 1/2" below the rail following the first bend in the hull. On the port side, the graphics is 2" below the rail full length of the boat. And that is where the problem is.. They didn't allow room to place the numbers at the front of the boat. So now its either placing the boat numbers above the graphics on the starboard side and below the graphics on the port side. Personally I think that would be extremely tacky. I called tracker service center to see if the mfg will fix it under warranty. If they refuse to fix their screwup, then I'll just remove all the graphics off the boat. I don't want to, but I'm not going to run around with with boat numbers all over the place.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:51 PM

Update; They asked me to bring to boat in to check it out for themselves. They are replacing the graphics on one side to match the other... Of course I had to stop by Bass Pro shop, ended up buying a boat and motor cover.. of course they had some rattle traps on sale and bought a nice 8' catfish setup. I got lucky and got out of there for $200.. Then it was the mad dash back to the service center to install the cover before this rain and snow hits. If it was just the rain I wouldn't worry so much but the deep freeze is what got me worried. Ice can break cement and I was worried about the plastics on the boat. So now I wait for their call.