FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 06-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Still fishing...just not as often.

Hit Nickajack Sunday morning for a couple of hours. Was looking for Gills but did not find a single one. I did however find KY bass and crappie. I caught around 3 dozen KY bass at the 11 inch mark....26 crappie all between 11-12 inches....nice chunky fish.....and one really fat KY bass. I was using the Tict Ice Cube Mebaru UL rod and had my reel spooled up with SOS 2# test line and a Bison colored Trout Magnet tied on a 1/16 ounce ball jig head. It was an absolute blast. I wasn't after crappie or Spots...but you have to take what the lake gives you. Around 60 fish in a little under 3 hours made for a great day. Oh yeah....those spots be "Diggin".....put up a great great fight. Life is good!

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0499.jpg (1.98 MB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0502.jpg (1.83 MB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0494.jpg (3.11 MB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0496.jpg (3.11 MB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0500.jpg (3.11 MB, 43 views)
Old 06-27-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Hit Nickajack Sunday morning for a couple of hours. Was looking for Gills but did not find a single one. I did however find KY bass and crappie. I caught around 3 dozen KY bass at the 11 inch mark....26 crappie all between 11-12 inches....nice chunky fish.....and one really fat KY bass. I was using the Tict Ice Cube Mebaru UL rod and had my reel spooled up with SOS 2# test line and a Bison colored Trout Magnet tied on a 1/16 ounce ball jig head. It was an absolute blast. I wasn't after crappie or Spots...but you have to take what the lake gives you. Around 60 fish in a little under 3 hours made for a great day. Oh yeah....those spots be "Diggin".....put up a great great fight. Life is good!

Regards
Is that near Hales Barr? my buddy swears by that lake, he has caught a 10 and several 8s over the last two years , I fished there early spring and got hit with a monster lightning storm two hours in , caught 3 decent largemouth before the storm hit , really want to get back again
Old 06-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Is that near Hales Barr? my buddy swears by that lake, he has caught a 10 and several 8s over the last two years , I fished there early spring and got hit with a monster lightning storm two hours in , caught 3 decent largemouth before the storm hit , really want to get back again
It is not far from Hales Bar. I don't fish for largemouth but have caught so many crappie from Nickajack I have lost count. When I fish for crappie in the fall...early winter....I have had huge largemouth come up and grab 9 inch Gills and crappie right as I get them almost out of the water at least once each trip down. They have some pigs down there.

Regards
Old 06-27-2017, 09:59 PM

Nice! Fill the freezer in one trip.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk