FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 09-16-2014, 07:38 AM

Default You Can Tell...

that there is not much bite going on when the most recent 3 topics are old boats we used to have, bait tanks, and replacing bunk boards.

I think we are on the eve of fishing busting wide open. The water temp is cooling down every day.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 AM

I agree. Me and xxthejuicexx fished Saturday and that cold front really got us. Very slow, just a couple small bass each. It's been quiet around here lately but I can feel Fall in the air just around the corner. My favorite time of the year for many reasons, improved fishing and more comfortable hunting are two major ones.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 09-16-2014, 08:52 AM

Since all I fish for is trout,the last three times I have been on the Caney I have had my best three days for number of fish.I know I have changed a few things which I feel has helped a great deal.
I would start fishing for other species of fish but all I have is light weight equipment plus I am pushing 80 and sort of set in my ways and one eye does not work.
Just thankful I can catch one trout some days when I am in God's beautiful creation.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:58 AM

I should have went up there this weekend Ed. Instead I waded a local creek and caught a mixed bag on LM and gills on Rebel Wee Craw. They were pretty tight lipped. Did you fish the Caney in the am or pm?

Andy
Old 09-16-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Did you fish the Caney in the am or pm?
I was on Caney on 9/5,9/12 and a few hours on 9/13.
Started really fishing about 1 1/2 hours after they quit gen.Started in the area around the steps and went down stream.They quit generation at 1100 hours and I fished into afternoon.
Well over 200 in the three days.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcintn View Post
Since all I fish for is trout,the last three times I have been on the Caney I have had my best three days for number of fish.I know I have changed a few things which I feel has helped a great deal.
I would start fishing for other species of fish but all I have is light weight equipment plus I am pushing 80 and sort of set in my ways and one eye does not work.
Just thankful I can catch one trout some days when I am in God's beautiful creation.

Amen Brother!!!!!!

Roy
Old 09-16-2014, 12:26 PM
TN Transplant

I just haven't been able to get out a whole lot lately. I finally was able to get out on the Cumberland this Sunday in my kayak. Landed a dozen bass but only one solid fish.

I can't wait for the fall bite to really take off. Probably my favorite time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2014, 01:09 PM

I went out last Saturday for the first time in over a month. My friend asked if I wanted to be a guest in his bass club's tournament (he's allowed 1 or 2 guests per year). We fished out of Bumpus Mills and the fishing was tough. I caught plenty of fish but not one was a keeper.
Life has gotten in the way of fishing this summer; between work, my family, and this new puppy we got, I haven't had much time to get out on the water. Hopefully that'll change soon.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:10 PM

I've been out wading in the Stones (both Forks) 3 out of the last 6 days...this north wind is terrible. Even the bluegill were slow (caught 6-8 vs the normal 15+) and I couldn't get a bass to bite anything.

Mother Nature needs to hurry up with the Fall pattern.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:32 PM

Yeah ive been keeping the metaphorical fishing bench warm the past few weeks. Trying to get all my "pre-winter" to-do's done before fishing gets good and the deer get into a cool weather routine. Not so much the deer i guess, just more so i dont get covered in mosquitos and ticks! LOL.
Hoping in the next couple weeks to get back out on the water. Old lady river is gonna start singing her sweet tune soon i hope!