FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-29-2018, 11:45 AM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,054
Default Anyone on here fishing??

I know itís hot and all, but damn itís quiet. Anyone fishing?? Got any good or bad fishing stories?? Iíd sure like to hear someone else having better luck than ddyak and myself had last night....got our teeth kicked in! Started off we was gonna fish his boat, and out of flippers. His wasnít ready and out of the shop so we fished out of mine and at Saunders ferry.

Put boat in the water and starting battery is dead. Luckily it was early. I called my boss and asked if he would bring me one off the shelf on his way home. Got the battery in, fired right off like it should. The spot I wanted to start at had people on it. Looking around and people are everywhere I want to go. So we settle on a pocket and start fishing. I had multiple issues all night, junk line, bad knots, lost baits, and small fish. By 9:30, we were both over it and loaded the boat with our heads hung low.

Long story short, The Curse of Skillet is back. Fisherman beware!!!! 🤬😒


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Buccaneer Buccaneer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 600
Default

I've been in Destin the past 10 days. Crushed the Red Snappers on Tuesday, been eating them every night since.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2018, 04:20 PM
oldhick oldhick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 40
Default

Tue night tourney was solid. A fish here and there. Main channel and creek. Only one spot had noting. Mostly plastics. Then the rains came and haven't poked my head back out.

How's the channel lower end looking? If I go out in the morn will I be dodging debris? Too much current to fish it?

It does appear they have sucked the frogs right out of the grass in the last 24 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-29-2018, 07:56 PM
ddyyak's Avatar
ddyyak ddyyak is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gallatin Tn
Posts: 150
Default

He forgot the funniest part of the skillet curse. While waiting for the battery we were talking and a bird shit on his shirt! The fishing sucked the the company was great. I can tell from the short trip skillet is a good fisherman. Hope to do it again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-29-2018, 09:14 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 702
Default

I've been fishing a lot but just not posting much. I've been fishing a lot at night from about 6pm-3am. The fishing is pretty good at all the lakes I've been fishing. I'll give a little report on how I'm catching them.

JPP: The fish seem to be moving around a lot. Points are the deal som nights and shallower bluff banks on others. But we have always found them somewhere and they are biting when you find them. Spinnerbait, jig, and 10 inch worms have been my best baits.

Center Hill: The hill seems to be fishing small. Lots of dead water but when you get around some there seems to be a lot of them. Steep channel banks and on the edges of deeper flats has been my productive patterns. My best bait by far has been a white with black flake tube or a black tube.

Dale Hollow: Main lake grass. It's a pain in the butt to fish but it's holding some good fish. The thicker the better. I've been having the most success by just chunking a tube with a 3/4 ounce weight in there and fighting the grass all the way back. There are small bare spots in the grass and that's where you get bit or on the edge. You can't see the holes at night so you just have to keep casting in it and hope you hit a clean patch somewhere along the way back. It doesn't seem to matter if that clean patch is in 8 feet or 25 feet, you are just as likely to get bit in either. We just fished DH last night and our best 5 fish weighed 17lbs 15 ounces. I'll post a couple of pictures of the bigger fish that we caught last night.

I haven't fished OH much at all. I did go out the other day just because I wanted to fish fast and shallow and I had no problems getting bit. It was during the middle of the day and I just picked up a buzzbait put the trolling motor on high and ran the shade. I fished a lot of grass with no luck but caught almost every fish on a piece of wood. My biggest fish was 3.25lbs but I caught quite a few short fish as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1065.JPG (854.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpeg FullSizeRender.jpeg (638.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1055.JPG (1.10 MB, 40 views)

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 06-29-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-29-2018, 09:51 PM
luckystratos luckystratos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: portland
Posts: 245
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
He forgot the funniest part of the skillet curse. While waiting for the battery we were talking and a bird shit on his shirt! The fishing sucked the the company was great. I can tell from the short trip skillet is a good fisherman. Hope to do it again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LMAO. That sounds like my luck Skillet. Haven't fished since memorial weekend until going to guntersville this week. Freaking corp,tva or however has spray what look to be the whole damn lake.was very tuff. Did manage 5 in the 4lb range. My lucky -- son had the 7.4 in march topped it this week with an 7.14 Poor ole dad not going back down there for a while unless he drags my butt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0128.JPG (1.79 MB, 39 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-29-2018, 10:43 PM
Schleprock's Avatar
Schleprock Schleprock is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Crossville
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I've been fishing a lot but just not posting much. I've been fishing a lot at night from about 6pm-3am. The fishing is pretty good at all the lakes I've been fishing. I'll give a little report on how I'm catching them.

JPP: The fish seem to be moving around a lot. Points are the deal som nights and shallower bluff banks on others. But we have always found them somewhere and they are biting when you find them. Spinnerbait, jig, and 10 inch worms have been my best baits.

Center Hill: The hill seems to be fishing small. Lots of dead water but when you get around some there seems to be a lot of them. Steep channel banks and on the edges of deeper flats has been my productive patterns. My best bait by far has been a white with black flake tube or a black tube.

Dale Hollow: Main lake grass. It's a pain in the butt to fish but it's holding some good fish. The thicker the better. I've been having the most success by just chunking a tube with a 3/4 ounce weight in there and fighting the grass all the way back. There are small bare spots in the grass and that's where you get bit or on the edge. You can't see the holes at night so you just have to keep casting in it and hope you hit a clean patch somewhere along the way back. It doesn't seem to matter if that clean patch is in 8 feet or 25 feet, you are just as likely to get bit in either. We just fished DH last night and our best 5 fish weighed 17lbs 15 ounces. I'll post a couple of pictures of the bigger fish that we caught last night.

I haven't fished OH much at all. I did go out the other day just because I wanted to fish fast and shallow and I had no problems getting bit. It was during the middle of the day and I just picked up a buzzbait put the trolling motor on high and ran the shade. I fished a lot of grass with no luck but caught almost every fish on a piece of wood. My biggest fish was 3.25lbs but I caught quite a few short fish as well.

Damn, you retired? living the life fishing those lakes regularly lol

I've been fishing 4 nights a week at my local lakes (Lake Tansi) but really want to get back down to CH and DH , my biggest problem is 3 min to Tansi and an hour to CH , catching some fish but nothing bigger than 4lbs the last couple of weeks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-29-2018, 11:50 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Damn, you retired? living the life fishing those lakes regularly lol

I've been fishing 4 nights a week at my local lakes (Lake Tansi) but really want to get back down to CH and DH , my biggest problem is 3 min to Tansi and an hour to CH , catching some fish but nothing bigger than 4lbs the last couple of weeks
I'm not retired. I don't have a wife or children so all my free time goes to fishing. Old Hickory is only 5 minutes from the house but I consistently catch better and more fish at the other lakes around here. Dale Hollow is a 1.5 hour drive, CH is an hour and fifteen, and JPP is about an hour. I don't mind the drive to be honest. Although I'm not sure how many more trips my old truck has left up those hills going to DH and CH.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-29-2018, 11:53 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
He forgot the funniest part of the skillet curse. While waiting for the battery we were talking and a bird shit on his shirt! The fishing sucked the the company was great. I can tell from the short trip skillet is a good fisherman. Hope to do it again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry Skillet but that's hilarious!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-30-2018, 02:18 AM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
He forgot the funniest part of the skillet curse. While waiting for the battery we were talking and a bird shit on his shirt! The fishing sucked the the company was great. I can tell from the short trip skillet is a good fisherman. Hope to do it again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It was at this point, I seriously considered just leaving at that moment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-30-2018, 09:00 AM
Dakota's Avatar
Dakota Dakota is offline
Dakota S
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mt Juliet
Posts: 1,424
Default

Last time I was fishing was a Tournament last Saturday on Old Hickory. Hope to get out in the morning for some JPP trolling for Crappie.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-30-2018, 09:57 AM
SalmonDaze SalmonDaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mt. Juliet, TN
Posts: 219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I've been in Destin the past 10 days. Crushed the Red Snappers on Tuesday, been eating them every night since.

Buccaneer, do you have any numbers you can share? We're headed down in a couple weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-30-2018, 11:45 AM
XxthejuicexX's Avatar
XxthejuicexX XxthejuicexX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro
Age: 34
Posts: 2,928
Default

I've been fishing some, just don't post much anymore.
__________________
NOPE
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-30-2018, 01:01 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I've been in Destin the past 10 days. Crushed the Red Snappers on Tuesday, been eating them every night since.


We all really appreciate the invite. Thanks!!!🤦*♂️👎😂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Paincave's Avatar
Paincave Paincave is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bell Buckle
Posts: 63
Default

Been catching walleyes at Normandy lake the past few nights,heading out again here shortly.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com