FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-28-2017, 01:58 AM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 710
Default 2017 Fishing Memories

Well this year is in the books. We all have a passion for fishing the lakes and rivers that surround us. Let's share some of our favorite memories from 2017. Let's see some pictures and here some stories.
Pictures:
1. One of my best friends who started fishing about 1.5 years ago. This is his biggest to date. He's a big guy and makes fish look small but I assure you this Dale Hollow largemouth was 5lbs 6ounces.
2. My best friend from high school that never fishes decided to go to JPP with me one afternoon and caught this big ole 5lb 2ounce largemouth.
3. The rest of the pictures are of me and my favorite catches of the year.

I hope you guys had a great season have many more to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0960.JPG (1.17 MB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0878.JPG (1.40 MB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0580.JPG (240.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0681.JPG (2.00 MB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0742.JPG (376.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0758.JPG (303.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0800.JPG (1.96 MB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0813.JPG (1.07 MB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0836.JPG (124.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0895.JPG (890.8 KB, 48 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-28-2017, 02:03 AM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 710
Default

A couple more. Some of these fish aren't the biggest fish of the year, but it may have been a tough day and a certain fish just made the trip worth going. Ive also put a couple beautiful pictures of a night sky and a sunset. These are the pictures that stand out to me as I can remember everything about these catches. I can remember exactly where, and what I caught them all on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0898.JPG (829.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0927.JPG (1.30 MB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0828.JPG (1.15 MB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-28-2017, 12:00 PM
ddyyak's Avatar
ddyyak ddyyak is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gallatin Tn
Posts: 150
Default

Dang, I need to go fishing with you, some great catches this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-28-2017, 12:02 PM
commdd commdd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nashville
Posts: 338
Default

good stuff! nice catches and great memories. congratulations
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Schleprock's Avatar
Schleprock Schleprock is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Crossville
Posts: 154
Default

https://i.imgur.com/OEqG2La.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hna4J26.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aC9po04.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QixTnji.jpg

2017 was a learning experience for me, moving from the Cincinnati area the fishing just wasn't as productive, probably fished about 3 to 4 times a year, ended up learning a lot from a buddy who grew up on Center Hill, I caught more bass this past year than I did in my entire life combined, have a feeling 2018 is going to be even better

first pic is the first smallie I ever caught , was at Dale Hollow last January, the two in the middle were the two biggest I caught, one a 4lb 14oz and one a 5lb 2 oz, the last was the last fish I caught about a month ago at Center Hill
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
https://i.imgur.com/OEqG2La.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hna4J26.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aC9po04.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QixTnji.jpg

2017 was a learning experience for me, moving from the Cincinnati area the fishing just wasn't as productive, probably fished about 3 to 4 times a year, ended up learning a lot from a buddy who grew up on Center Hill, I caught more bass this past year than I did in my entire life combined, have a feeling 2018 is going to be even better

first pic is the first smallie I ever caught , was at Dale Hollow last January, the two in the middle were the two biggest I caught, one a 4lb 14oz and one a 5lb 2 oz, the last was the last fish I caught about a month ago at Center Hill
That's awesome and nice fish! I just started fishing a lot a couple years ago. I loved to fish as a kid and just kinda stopped. My moms boyfriend at the time took me bass fishing a couple years ago. That day changed my life. I only caught a couple small bass but it lit a fire that I thought had long went out. That great man that took me is now my step father. I didn't have a father to turn to since I was a young child, and any man would be jealous of the dad I have now. I bought a small bass boat and started fishing. And I mean A LOT. Since then I have upgraded to a much nicer boat, and I can't imagine my life without fishing. I average at least 3 days a week on the water and sometimes more. I'm lucky enough to have a decent job that I work nights so I can fish as much as I want.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
Dang, I need to go fishing with you, some great catches this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank You. I fish all the time. If you're serious and want to get out sometime then I'm sure we could work it out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by commdd View Post
good stuff! nice catches and great memories. congratulations
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Schleprock's Avatar
Schleprock Schleprock is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Crossville
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
That's awesome and nice fish! I just started fishing a lot a couple years ago. I loved to fish as a kid and just kinda stopped. My moms boyfriend at the time took me bass fishing a couple years ago. That day changed my life. I only caught a couple small bass but it lit a fire that I thought had long went out. That great man that took me is now my step father. I didn't have a father to turn to since I was a young child, and any man would be jealous of the dad I have now. I bought a small bass boat and started fishing. And I mean A LOT. Since then I have upgraded to a much nicer boat, and I can't imagine my life without fishing. I average at least 3 days a week on the water and sometimes more. I'm lucky enough to have a decent job that I work nights so I can fish as much as I want.
That's awesome that you had a man step up and be a great father for you, does he still fish with you?

When I was a kid my dad wasn't around much as he was military and traveled a lot , my uncle took up the slack and used to take us fishing at least once a week, we bass fished, crappie fished, fished the Ohio river for carp and cat fish , when I was 15 my dad moved us to Key West and I got spoiled ocean fishing , when I moved to the Cincinnati area when I was 21 it was really hard to adjust to fresh water fishing.

I always prefered bass fishing in freshwater, the lakes we fished up north just weren't as productive and my techniques were lacking , thankfully my wife got a job opportunity down here and its been the best thing that's ever happened to me, luckily my job allows me to fish after work during the summer, sometimes I get off around 330-4pm and I live a few minutes from a couple of lakes that have some nice bass so I get to fish 3-4 times a week

Last edited by Schleprock; 12-29-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-29-2017, 01:38 PM
ddyyak's Avatar
ddyyak ddyyak is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gallatin Tn
Posts: 150
Default

Absolutely I'll have to take you up on it when it warms up. I'm down here in gallatin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
That's awesome that you had a man step up and be a great father for you, does he still fish with you?

When I was a kid my dad wasn't around much as he was military and traveled a lot , my uncle took up the slack and used to take us fishing at least once a week, we bass fished, crappie fished, fished the Ohio river for carp and cat fish , when I was 15 my dad moved us to Key West and I got spoiled ocean fishing , when I moved to the Cincinnati area when I was 21 it was really hard to adjust to fresh water fishing.

I always prefered bass fishing in freshwater, the lakes we fished up north just weren't as productive and my techniques were lacking , thankfully my wife got a job opportunity down here and its been the best thing that's ever happened to me, luckily my job allows me to fish after work during the summer, sometimes I get off around 330-4pm and I live a few minutes from a couple of lakes that have some nice bass so I get to fish 3-4 times a week
Yes we do still fish together. This year I spent a lot of time driving 1-2 hours each way to fish lakes like Center Hill and Dale Hollow. He doesn't seem to like traveling that far, and doesn't go with me that much. But we do get out to OH pretty often since it's just a short drive for us both.

I'm trying to get him comfortable with fishing offshore. He's old school and only uses his electronics for depth. He's only comfortable throwing at the bank. My best days last summer were finding offshore humps and grasslines on my map and graphs. I bet that 75% of the pictures in my original post were of fish that were caught offshore. Other than the spawning period that's where I like to spend most of my time searching. He's coming around and asks a lot of questions when we are looking around in my boat. But, I know when he's out by himself that he's still beating the bank and fishing very pressured fish.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-29-2017, 07:27 PM
commdd commdd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nashville
Posts: 338
Default

hey texas rig... interesting last post about fishing offshore... what would you say is the most important feature of your graphs? si? di? mapping? thanks for any insight
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Dakota's Avatar
Dakota Dakota is offline
Dakota S
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mt Juliet
Posts: 1,430
Default

Thanks for sharing Texas Rig. Looks like a great year for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-29-2017, 10:49 PM
ROBMO ROBMO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 28
Default

Here are some of my favorite memories from 2017. First, is my PB from trolling DHL. The next three are all PB of my dad and I... all from the Cumberland. Hopefully 2018 is good to us again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3495.JPG (397.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2996.JPG (2.11 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2966.JPG (780.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4120.JPG (2.28 MB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-29-2017, 11:50 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBMO View Post
Here are some of my favorite memories from 2017. First, is my PB from trolling DHL. The next three are all PB of my dad and I... all from the Cumberland. Hopefully 2018 is good to us again.


Those are nice walleyes and sauger.

I too caught some nice fish this year, and some pbs. Hope 2018 brings some really good fishing. Good luck to all and happy new year!!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
FishingTN.com