FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-04-2018, 03:57 PM

Default Chickamauga Lake?

Never see much about it on here but anybody fish it lately? Me and the lady are camping at Harrison Bay right outside of Chattanooga Wednesday-Thursday, I haven't fished the lake in a couple years. Hoping to get into a few decent fish.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:07 PM

If no response here, check the Chattanooga fishing forum. Good folks there as well. Luck to ya!
Old 06-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Fishing Fool

From what I have seen on social media and other sites, the ledge fishing is on fire for bass. I’ve never been on the lake. Let us know how ya do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2018, 11:28 AM

Tis the season for offshore fishing. The Harrison bay area is a great area to fish.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:51 PM

I have spent some time there. Be prepared for LOTS of fisherman. Every SINGLE piece of structure, meaning hump, drop anything had a boat or 2 on it. I have caught bigger bass in Guntersville, but have caught pretty good numbers in Chickamauga. Big crankbait and texas rigged worms are what I use.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:28 PM

What yall have said is pretty much spot on. I fished it this afternoon, there was definitely a ton of people... I caught 3 spotted bass, in about 10 FOW off of a bridge. Other than that I didnt catch anything else. My electronics are old so it makes it difficult to fish ledges, ive been using the Navionice Web app but like Headhunter said, there was atleast 2 people on every spot. Didn't realize it would be so packed on a Wednesday.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:36 AM

Yep, I have mostly been to chickamauga in February and only on tuesday or wednesday and there was not piece of deep water structure that didn't have a boat (if not 2 or 3) on it.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:36 AM

That lake stays packed every day.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
I have spent some time there. Be prepared for LOTS of fisherman. Every SINGLE piece of structure, meaning hump, drop anything had a boat or 2 on it. I have caught bigger bass in Guntersville, but have caught pretty good numbers in Chickamauga. Big crankbait and texas rigged worms are what I use.
Went there last summer, had to wait in line to fish, was ridiculous, I'm on Chicks FB page and its so bad this year that people have had guns pulled on them fighting over community holes , its combat fishing lol

Even this winter when the ice was breaking up Chester Frost had 25 trailers in the lot