FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Fishing Gear
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-29-2018, 09:22 AM

Default Custom Rail Bracket

Im looking to see if i can find a custom aluminum fabricator to make replacement rail brackets for my boat. the attached picture is similar to what came with my boat. the problem is they are plastic, flimsy, junk. ive broken 2 so far and the sticker price that Alumacraft wants is pure insaninty for what it is.
it basically is 2 components. top part lips over the top of the rail, the bottom part hooks under the bottom of the rail and a plastic knob bolt screws into the bottom pulling the 2 pieces together tight on the rail. i want that same thing, but made from aluminum, but also with a wide top flange as shown in red on the picture. i have a thick hardwood plank that stretches across the back of my boat that my rod holders are mounted to, that board would then bolt to that wide flange so all 4 rods can slide up or down the boat together for fishing or to be near the motor to be out of the way.
does anybody know of a place that could make something like that?
we had a similar setup for the Great lakes on our old lund but i cant for the life of me remember where Dad bought them brackets nor can i find anything on the internet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rail Bracket.jpg (756.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-29-2018, 11:52 PM
ALANRAYG2

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in your picture. But I did see this in a search for gunnel brackets. maybe there is something to look at for you. I bet you have already seen this tho. lol https://www.traxstech.com/Articles.asp?ID=324
Old 03-30-2018, 01:21 PM

Actually i have not seen that before. Guess i dont know how to use the internet. Lol.
But that Alumacraft bracket should be exactly what im looking for! Thanks so much for posting that!
Old 03-31-2018, 11:26 PM
ALANRAYG2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
Actually i have not seen that before. Guess i dont know how to use the internet. Lol.
But that Alumacraft bracket should be exactly what im looking for! Thanks so much for posting that!
I hope it works out for you. Good Luck !!!!
Old 04-11-2018, 06:07 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Chris Armistead....6154033845

Excellent aluminum welder and fabricator.
He'll be able to make you anything you want.