FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-21-2018, 10:57 AM

Default 7 points

Anyone tried over by 7 points lately? I know old hickory cove was hot the past two weeks but I'm afraid they have left and don't know where to try for hybrids. Anyone got any thoughts?

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2018, 02:42 PM

If 7 points is a bust, try Elm Hill. I was bass fishing in there last week and caught 4 hybrids. I caught 3 on a jig and 1 on a red squarebill. Biggest was 7lbs 4ounces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1018.JPG (857.2 KB, 110 views)
Old 04-23-2018, 08:25 AM

Nice Hybrid in the pic...
Old 04-23-2018, 09:28 AM

That's a football!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2018, 10:52 AM

The hybrid bite is really good. Not giving any locations, but will tell you that you need to cover a lot of water and if someone tells you that the hybrids will never be in a given spot, fish it. The last couple years they have been showing up in different places and almost never hold in one spot more than a couple days and I have been finding them in "new" places all the time. The only way I fish for them is topwater.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:13 PM

They were fun to catch. I never fish for them but I might have to start. They are very strong. When I set the hook on the biggest one I was just holding on. I couldn't turn the fish. Very strong. I've never heard of people fishing for them with a football jig but that's what I caught 3 of them on.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTrevecca View Post
Nice Hybrid in the pic...
Thank You
Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 PM

Kinda makes sense. There are people that catch them using chicken liver. I watched an old man spray his livers with WD-40 and thought he was nuts. Then proceeded to watch him catch fish after fish while the other people around him would catch one occasionally.
This was years ago when we lived close to the dam and would walk to it. I don't know if anyone uses livers for them anymore or not.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehick176 View Post
Kinda makes sense. There are people that catch them using chicken liver. I watched an old man spray his livers with WD-40 and thought he was nuts. Then proceeded to watch him catch fish after fish while the other people around him would catch one occasionally.
This was years ago when we lived close to the dam and would walk to it. I don't know if anyone uses livers for them anymore or not.
When the hybrids are running close to the dam on the lake side, guys from shore will use chicken liver still. Some days they do pretty good.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 AM

Hammered the hybrids on top yesterday. Caught so many we couldnt keep count. Some nice ones to, largest were just over 9 lbs.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:22 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Seems like some folks want to use this forum as a bragging board, not an information sharing forum as it was originally designed.
I suppose it's easy to say anything without fact or figures to help folks catch fish.
TK, glad you put the "ignore" feature in the control panel.
It works great.
I've got a few on the ignore list, mostly the negative folks.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 AM

Default This is a fishing report

Region 3 Fishing Report

April 25, 2018

Chickamauga Reservoir

Reservoir Conditions: Summer normal elevation: 682.0 feet. Winter normal elevation: 676.0 feet. Current elevation: 680.84 feet. The water surface temperature is 61 degrees.

Largemouth Bass: Bass anglers are catching a few big fish. Early last week fishermen were catching more fish than later in the week. The water fluctuated during the week as much as 1.5 feet. One boat of anglers is averaging catching 20 bass a day while other anglers are having difficulty catching fish. Fish shallow with creature baits.

Smallmouth Bass: Some smallmouth bass are being caught along the steep banks in the larger creeks while using jigs or crankbaits. Upper river anglers are catching smallmouth while casting crankbaits along the river bluffs.

Crappie: Trollers are catching some fish in the creeks and sloughs in the water leading into the spawning areas. Minnows or jigs can be used.

Striped bass: A few fish are being caught in the tailwaters while using shad.

Bluegill/Shellcrackers: Worms or small jigs are being used in the ditches or cuts that run from the main channel to catch several fish. Fish are also being caught along the banks that have 3 to 5 feet of water leading into the spawning areas.

Walleye: A few fish are being caught while using jigs or crankbaits in the tailwaters below Watts Bar Dam. Shad, minnows, and crankbaits are being used.

Catfish: Few anglers.

White Bass: Fish the upper reservoir banks with a crankbait.

Watts Bar

Reservoir Conditions: Normal summer elevation: 740.5 feet. Normal winter elevation: 736.0 feet. Current elevation: 740.11 feet. The water surface temperature is 60 degrees.

Largemouth Bass: Bass are being caught shallow. Fluctuating water is frustrating anglers. Creature baits are the most used bait.

Smallmouth Bass: Fish sloping banks leading into the shallow areas while using crankbaits or jigs.

Crappie: Some crappie are spawning. A few crappie can be caught 4 to 10 feet deep in the water leading out of the spawning areas.

Catfish: Most are shallow. Use anything meaty.

Walleye: Troll crankbaits in the tailwater below Ft. Loudon Dam.

White Bass: Use crankbaits in the tailwater.

Bluegill: Use worms around docks or along rocky creek banks.

Dale Hollow

Reservoir Conditions: Fishing is good and the water temperature is 60 degrees. The water level is at 650 feet and the lake is rising.

Smallmouth Bass: Several smallmouths are being caught on topwater baits and swimbaits while fishing flats in 10-12 feet of water.

Largemouth Bass: Lots of largemouths are being caught on floating worms and jigs while fishing shallow cover in the creeks.

Crappie: Several are being caught in the willows on minnows in the back of the creeks.

Walleye: Lots of walleye are being caught at night on jerk baits while fishing points and channel banks in 5-10 feet of water.

Catfish: Several cats are being caught on noodles while baited with shad.

Bluegill and Shellcracker: A few nice ones are being caught on night crawlers in the back of the creeks in 5 feet of water.

Center Hill

Reservoir Conditions: Fishing is good. The water temperature is 61 degrees. Lake is rising. Water level is at 634 feet.

Black Bass: Lots of bass are being caught on floating worms and other top water baits while fishing the sides of the creeks in about 5 feet of water.

Crappie: A few crappie are being caught around lay down trees on minnows in 5-10 feet of water.

Bluegill/Shellcracker: Lots of fish being are caught in the head of the creeks in 5 feet of water on night crawlers.

Walleye: A few walleye are being caught near Pates Ford on crankbaits in 5-10 feet of water.

Catfish: Several cats are being caught on noodles baited with shad.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Region 3 Fishing Report

April 25, 2018

Chickamauga Reservoir

Reservoir Conditions: Summer normal elevation: 682.0 feet. Winter normal elevation: 676.0 feet. Current elevation: 680.84 feet. The water surface temperature is 61 degrees.

Largemouth Bass: Bass anglers are catching a few big fish. Early last week fishermen were catching more fish than later in the week. The water fluctuated during the week as much as 1.5 feet. One boat of anglers is averaging catching 20 bass a day while other anglers are having difficulty catching fish. Fish shallow with creature baits.

Smallmouth Bass: Some smallmouth bass are being caught along the steep banks in the larger creeks while using jigs or crankbaits. Upper river anglers are catching smallmouth while casting crankbaits along the river bluffs.

Crappie: Trollers are catching some fish in the creeks and sloughs in the water leading into the spawning areas. Minnows or jigs can be used.

Striped bass: A few fish are being caught in the tailwaters while using shad.

Bluegill/Shellcrackers: Worms or small jigs are being used in the ditches or cuts that run from the main channel to catch several fish. Fish are also being caught along the banks that have 3 to 5 feet of water leading into the spawning areas.

Walleye: A few fish are being caught while using jigs or crankbaits in the tailwaters below Watts Bar Dam. Shad, minnows, and crankbaits are being used.

Catfish: Few anglers.

White Bass: Fish the upper reservoir banks with a crankbait.

Watts Bar

Reservoir Conditions: Normal summer elevation: 740.5 feet. Normal winter elevation: 736.0 feet. Current elevation: 740.11 feet. The water surface temperature is 60 degrees.

Largemouth Bass: Bass are being caught shallow. Fluctuating water is frustrating anglers. Creature baits are the most used bait.

Smallmouth Bass: Fish sloping banks leading into the shallow areas while using crankbaits or jigs.

Crappie: Some crappie are spawning. A few crappie can be caught 4 to 10 feet deep in the water leading out of the spawning areas.

Catfish: Most are shallow. Use anything meaty.

Walleye: Troll crankbaits in the tailwater below Ft. Loudon Dam.

White Bass: Use crankbaits in the tailwater.

Bluegill: Use worms around docks or along rocky creek banks.

Dale Hollow

Reservoir Conditions: Fishing is good and the water temperature is 60 degrees. The water level is at 650 feet and the lake is rising.

Smallmouth Bass: Several smallmouths are being caught on topwater baits and swimbaits while fishing flats in 10-12 feet of water.

Largemouth Bass: Lots of largemouths are being caught on floating worms and jigs while fishing shallow cover in the creeks.

Crappie: Several are being caught in the willows on minnows in the back of the creeks.

Walleye: Lots of walleye are being caught at night on jerk baits while fishing points and channel banks in 5-10 feet of water.

Catfish: Several cats are being caught on noodles while baited with shad.

Bluegill and Shellcracker: A few nice ones are being caught on night crawlers in the back of the creeks in 5 feet of water.

Center Hill

Reservoir Conditions: Fishing is good. The water temperature is 61 degrees. Lake is rising. Water level is at 634 feet.

Black Bass: Lots of bass are being caught on floating worms and other top water baits while fishing the sides of the creeks in about 5 feet of water.

Crappie: A few crappie are being caught around lay down trees on minnows in 5-10 feet of water.

Bluegill/Shellcracker: Lots of fish being are caught in the head of the creeks in 5 feet of water on night crawlers.

Walleye: A few walleye are being caught near Pates Ford on crankbaits in 5-10 feet of water.

Catfish: Several cats are being caught on noodles baited with shad.
Thanks for the detailed report, Merv.
I have narrowed it down to fhe following to catch fish:
1. Perfect weather conditions. (windy, calm, rain, shine,cold or hot) preferred.
2. Fish early or late (depending on weather and water conditions)
3. Fish clear or stained water depending on 1 or 2 above
4. Fish deep or shallow depending on all of the above
5. Bait of choice could be one of 100's in the tackle arsenal. Again depending on 1 or 2 or 3 above
6. Location. Depends on all of the above.

Hope this will also help others.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Seems like some folks want to use this forum as a bragging board, not an information sharing forum as it was originally designed.
I suppose it's easy to say anything without fact or figures to help folks catch fish.
TK, glad you put the "ignore" feature in the control panel.
It works great.
I've got a few on the ignore list, mostly the negative folks.
I will not share the places I have literally spent years and thousands of hours finding. It is not hard, go to priest, throw a topwater bait, I mostly use a cork and fluke to "find" the fish, and cover water until you find hybrids. If you want someone to just give out their hard earned info, or you are just lazy, well i hate it for you. Many of the places I catch the hybrids at, no one told me anything about those places, I found them, with no help. I do not catch them, every single time I go, actually I have many trips where I do not catch a fish, but the next month or so, IMO, is the absolute best for topwater hybrid fishing on Priest all year. Important to remember, for the most part you will NOT see any surface activity where the fish are. You have to actually "fish, meaning go out and cover some water and spend some time" to find them.

I think it is so funny, so many people, want to catch fish, but so many do not want to do the "work" to find them. It is the same when I catch bass in June and July. I carry friends on occasion, but I basically never share that info either, but the bass are really catchable on Priest in the middle of the day in June and July in depths of 8 to 20 feet. To me, almost as fun as the catching, is "finding" the fish.

Last edited by Headhunter; 04-26-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:59 AM

I love the ignore feature.