FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-17-2020, 06:08 PM
Fishing Fool

Default Percy Priest 6/14

Got out on priest last Sunday, put in at 4 corners. Didn’t know that was a pay ramp...🤷🏻*♂️ left $2.50 in the box, wasn’t gonna leave a $20. Hahaha. Anyways, we went out and caught 18 bass with 8 being keepers in the first hour-hour and half...all on a small clear-ish popper. Had a a absolute blast. Once the sun got up we looked around for some white bass, found a school but couldn’t get them to bite till they were schooling up top. Caught a few of them on spoons and caught a 4lb catfish on a rooster tail. Did some more bass fishing with a junebug mag shakey head worm on 1/8 ounce shakey head and caught more largemouth on sandy/pea gravel bank. Then we moved again looking around and I caught a 3-3 1/2 very shallow on some big rock with that same shakey head. My friend lost a nice small mouth in deeper water off the side of that rock on a 10”worm. Had a blast, and was off the water by 11 because of boat traffic. This was my first time on priest in years. Last time I was on it Tnbronzeback and myself were laughed at by TWRA for not catching fish when all the other 50 boats were hammering them.

With all that being said, my dad is coming in next weekend, the 26th, for my birthday and I’d like to get on smallies there. any help on areas, not looking for spots, or maybe what type of structure to look for would be very helpful. Can Pm me if you’d like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Fishing Fool

Smallest fish was 15.5”

Old 06-18-2020, 01:52 PM

Looks like a good day on the water. Love that bass with the black back.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:16 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttitan27 View Post
Looks like a good day on the water. Love that bass with the black back.

That was the smallest. I like the tattoo look on them lol

Old 06-18-2020, 07:25 PM
Dakota S

Congrats! Nice bag of fish for sure.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
With all that being said, my dad is coming in next weekend, the 26th, for my birthday and I’d like to get on smallies there. any help on areas, not looking for spots, or maybe what type of structure to look for would be very helpful. Can Pm me if you’d like.
PM sent

Free launching at Hamilton Creek and Seven Points.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Got out on priest last Sunday, put in at 4 corners. Didn’t know that was a pay ramp...🤷🏻*♂️ left $2.50 in the box, wasn’t gonna leave a $20. Hahaha.
Better be careful. some places will give you the stink eye for shorting them lol

Last year put in at Cookeville boat dock on CH and only had $4 so I put that in, got back and had a nasty note on my window saying they thought of having me towed but decided they would give me a chance of paying them the other $1 , called them and told em I would mail them a dollar , forgot all about it until now lol
Old 06-20-2020, 06:25 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Better be careful. some places will give you the stink eye for shorting them lol

Last year put in at Cookeville boat dock on CH and only had $4 so I put that in, got back and had a nasty note on my window saying they thought of having me towed but decided they would give me a chance of paying them the other $1 , called them and told em I would mail them a dollar , forgot all about it until now lol

That’s pretty bad...over $1....now I know to check before I go to priest. I wouldn’t mind paying if it was a nice big ramp and had security 24/7. We could’ve just stiffed them all of the money. A lot of people don’t carry cash, and they should get with the times!!

Old 06-20-2020, 06:26 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
PM sent

Free launching at Hamilton Creek and Seven Points.

Thanks old fart!! 😁