FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 07-12-2017, 11:20 AM

Talking BIG Striper, Horrible Photo!

This is what happens when the wife doesn't go fishing with me. I tried to take the picture myself but failed miserably. I couldn't mess around and confirm the shot was in focus, I had to get that bad boy back in the water as they don't like being out for more than 3 minutes or so. The body on this thing was chewed up, I don't know what kind of activities it has been involved in, but it looked like it took some bird shot.

Anywho, I caught it in 18' of water at 5:00 pm. on a 9" Gizzard Shad. Marked him on the graph, anchored the Motor Guide Xi5 and downlined. It only took a couple of minutes from the time I saw him till he was in the boat.

Also, if you guys haven't taken advantage of the White Bass bite, You Should!
I caught 12 in 14 casts using a Chart Shad 6XD in 10' of water. They are EVERYWHERE! Tons of Fun...

See ya on the water

Old 07-12-2017, 11:43 AM

That's a great big ol fish.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Wow. That is a hawg.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:49 PM

That thing looks longer than you!

More info about Hendersonville and Old Hickory lake fishing at my site: http://myhendersonvilletn.com/
Old 07-12-2017, 02:49 PM

Old 07-12-2017, 04:37 PM

Awesome fish as usual....!
Old 07-12-2017, 06:27 PM

Thumbs up

Damn I thought yer wifey was gonna be holding the fish.

As for the whites send me a pm where to find them dudes!!!

I searched for Tilapia Last weekend and was skunked so maybe Whites would fill freezer.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:54 PM

I'm going to share the location of the Whites with the group because everyone should have some fun with them...

You come out of Douglas Bend and head towards Lock 4 Recreation area. Right there at Lock 4 where the channels intersect, there is a Duck Blind in Shallow water. The white bass were stacked in the 10' area of water around that Duck Blind. Sorry don't have the coordinates, just unplugged the Lowrance.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:29 AM

On the white bass note, just hit a bunch of main lake humps and bars with a crankbait and you will eventually find them. Especially if they are pulling water. Any crankbait that gets down 8-10 foot. And keep a lookout for them schooling on top.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I'm going to share the location of the Whites with the group because everyone should have some fun with them...

You come out of Douglas Bend and head towards Lock 4 Recreation area. Right there at Lock 4 where the channels intersect, there is a Duck Blind in Shallow water. The white bass were stacked in the 10' area of water around that Duck Blind. Sorry don't have the coordinates, just unplugged the Lowrance.
You're always right on em man.... and you have the stones to tell everybody what you used and where you used it.... You're my hero....
Old 07-13-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhick View Post
On the white bass note, just hit a bunch of main lake humps and bars with a crankbait and you will eventually find them. Especially if they are pulling water. Any crankbait that gets down 8-10 foot. And keep a lookout for them schooling on top.
You got that right, good advice! I've lost a couple of 6XDs over the last couple of days, & a bait knocker when the string broke It was worth it though. At least the freezer if full of these bad boys:

Old 07-13-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaugh View Post
You're always right on em man.... and you have the stones to tell everybody what you used and where you used it.... You're my hero....
Haha Shaugh. You're an easy guy to impress OH has been tough this year, up until about a week ago, at least for me, but right now it's red hot for some reason. Anybody & Everybody should be out there having a blast! This Board is Awesome! There's so many Fisherman on here much better than me that have openly shared tips, tricks, & locations so we can all have a good time. I hope that trend continues!!!
Old 07-13-2017, 01:58 PM

There are a few spots on cordell hull that if you can beat the sunrise or it stays really cloudy, you can catch these almost every cast on top water if you use something noisy enough. Noisy like a whopper plopper... The clear and black one...
Old 07-14-2017, 03:01 PM

Nice fish!
Old 07-14-2017, 08:12 PM

There is an incredible amount of activity north of the Steam Plant, across from the ramp around the buoy around daybreak and near five in the afternoon till dark. Something BIG is feeding...Adrian are you paying attention?