FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-08-2019, 08:41 PM
mlagunovich

Default Bank Fishing Around Nashville

Hey y'all. I've been in Nashville for the past 5 or so years but just now beginning to fish again.

Unfortunately, no boat; bank fishing for me. I would love to hear some great spots for bank fishing, or hidden spots/gems right off of a trail somewhere.

I live in South Nashville, almost Antioch. Anything around the area would be awesome but also willing to travel!

Preferably a place known to catch some great fish but maybe a little known secret?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlagunovich View Post
Hey y'all. I've been in Nashville for the past 5 or so years but just now beginning to fish again.

Unfortunately, no boat; bank fishing for me. I would love to hear some great spots for bank fishing, or hidden spots/gems right off of a trail somewhere.

I live in South Nashville, almost Antioch. Anything around the area would be awesome but also willing to travel!

Preferably a place known to catch some great fish but maybe a little known secret?

Thanks in advance.

Might be worth the trip to Chickamauga, guys are always catching monsters off the bank , can also head down to Nickajack, last time I was there a guy was catching some decent fish off the bank
Old 05-08-2019, 09:24 PM
mlagunovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Might be worth the trip to Chickamauga, guys are always catching monsters off the bank , can also head down to Nickajack, last time I was there a guy was catching some decent fish off the bank
Both are on my list. You always hear about great success stories coming out from both of them. A few buddies recommended Stewart Creek Boat Area on JPP. They told me about a trail right around it that has great bank opportunities.

Thanks for your input!
Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 AM

JPP; park in the lot at the end of Baker’s Grove Rd. Walk the trail, and I mean walk it! You will see water in 10 minutes, but the fishing gets better the longer you walk. Go about 20 minutes and it’s usually worthwhile.

This time of year the lake is at summer pool so you will need to find cuts in the vegetation to fish through. (Or wade just off the bank.) The other times of the year you can walk the rocky shoreline.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:07 PM
mlagunovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlg309 View Post
JPP; park in the lot at the end of Baker’s Grove Rd. Walk the trail, and I mean walk it! You will see water in 10 minutes, but the fishing gets better the longer you walk. Go about 20 minutes and it’s usually worthwhile.

This time of year the lake is at summer pool so you will need to find cuts in the vegetation to fish through. (Or wade just off the bank.) The other times of the year you can walk the rocky shoreline.
Thanks so much for this! Definitely down with walking if it means a better fishing day. Tight lines!
Old 05-09-2019, 12:20 PM
mlagunovich

Quote:

Follow up question...should I park at the Volunteer Trail parking lot or literally keep driving on Baker's Grove Rd. through the residential part? Looking at a satellite map, the parking lot is more at the beginning of Baker's near Hobson Pike. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2019, 01:43 PM

117 views..ya'll help him out "viewers"..
Old 05-09-2019, 01:51 PM
mlagunovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennoutdrsman View Post
117 views..ya'll help him out "viewers"..
Haha! Thanks for this! Do you have any recommendations too?
Old 05-09-2019, 02:16 PM

Stewart Creek Boat Area on JPP is a good place
Old 05-09-2019, 03:13 PM
mlagunovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I'm thinking of walking the bank off of the parking area here to see what I can find. Many have told me about this spot. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Follow up question...should I park at the Volunteer Trail parking lot or literally keep driving on Baker's Grove Rd. through the residential part? Looking at a satellite map, the parking lot is more at the beginning of Baker's near Hobson Pike. Thanks!
Yes, park at the Volunteer Trail parking lot. The trail picks up right there.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:48 AM
mlagunovich

Quote:
Yes, park at the Volunteer Trail parking lot. The trail picks up right there.
Groovy. Seems like a nice little hike with some nice spots along the way. Hows the water in this area?
Old 05-10-2019, 10:48 AM
mlagunovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
How's the water in this area?
Old 05-10-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Groovy. Seems like a nice little hike with some nice spots along the way. Hows the water in this area?
Rocky with no grass. The closer you get to the mouth of the cove, the steeper the drop off. 10-15 feet a cast length from the bank.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:51 PM
mlagunovich

Quote:
Rocky with no grass. The closer you get to the mouth of the cove, the steeper the drop off. 10-15 feet a cast length from the bank.
Thanks!