FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Fishing Fool

Default Fishing license

Just a friendly reminder, renew your license. They have expired! And check your boat too, I realized yesterday that mine had been expired since 2017.....oops haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Dakota S

Renewed yesterday online. I also spent the five dollars to get the card sent to me. If you haven’t bought this before, It’s drivers license like, but obviously your fishing license. I’ll receive everything in the mail. 33.00 basic fish/hunt, plus 21.00 for the trout license.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Renewed yesterday online. I also spent the five dollars to get the card sent to me. If you haven’t bought this before, It’s drivers license like, but obviously your fishing license. I’ll receive everything in the mail. 33.00 basic fish/hunt, plus 21.00 for the trout license.

I got mine today as well, the "Avid Angler" package lol
Old 03-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Be careful as if you have a Renewal loaded then get a sportsman it will load both Yeah I m a dumbass.

So I have two License.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Master Trout Magnet

That’s one less worry for us older folks......LOL.

Regards
Old 03-01-2019, 07:33 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
That’s one less worry for us older folks......LOL.

Regards
Free,Free,Free,Free,Free, !

Last edited by tkwalker; 03-01-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:11 AM
Fishing Fool

I’ve gotten the hard copy the last three years. I figure it’s an extra $5 to TWRA and use the resources enough to give that extra. Plus when you hand that hard card to a vent he pretty much just hands it back and leaves!! Lol. Means I can keep my short crappie!!!! Just kidding....or am I??? 😂🤣🤷🏻*♂️

Old 03-02-2019, 09:04 PM

I just take a picture of the paper. When I was boarded last year the TRWA guy said that was all you need. He said they can even look it up with your social if you don't have yours on you. Way better than in years gone by. BTW I'm not too happy about the senior license fees....my fishing buddy has one he paid I thing $5 or $10 for his lifetime license, they have gone to like $50. Though when I turn 65 in a few years I can get one for $5, it really irritates me.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:46 PM
Owner and Administrator

Cool Boy !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAddict View Post
I just take a picture of the paper. When I was boarded last year the TRWA guy said that was all you need. He said they can even look it up with your social if you don't have yours on you. Way better than in years gone by. BTW I'm not too happy about the senior license fees....my fishing buddy has one he paid I thing $5 or $10 for his lifetime license, they have gone to like $50. Though when I turn 65 in a few years I can get one for $5, it really irritates me.
9 years ago when I turned 65 Senior Restricted Sport License were free for the rest of our life... don't remember what it cost ... Maybe $5 or even $10, but I really wouldn't have cared if it cost me $50 ... Here is why! ...

The TWRA is an Agency not a Bureaucracy .. In my opinion I have no problem paying any Fee that is required to fish or hunt in this fine state that has done a great job managing.

Statement from TWRA ..

The TWRA is funded by two primary sources: license/permit sales and federal excise taxes (Pittman-Robertson and Wallop-Breaux). Tennessee's allocation of these federal taxes is based in part, on the number of hunters and fishermen in the state.

The TWRA does not receive any funding from the State's general fund (i.e. state sales tax).
Old 03-02-2019, 11:11 PM
Dakota S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
9 years ago when I turned 65 Senior Restricted Sport License were free for the rest of our life... don't remember what it cost ... Maybe $5 or even $10, but I really wouldn't have cared if it cost me $50 ... Here is why! ...

The TWRA is an Agency not a Bureaucracy .. In my opinion I have no problem paying any Fee that is required to fish or hunt in this fine state that has done a great job managing.

Statement from TWRA ..

The TWRA is funded by two primary sources: license/permit sales and federal excise taxes (Pittman-Robertson and Wallop-Breaux). Tennessee's allocation of these federal taxes is based in part, on the number of hunters and fishermen in the state.

The TWRA does not receive any funding from the State's general fund (i.e. state sales tax).

I agree TK, I have no problem paying what I do for the licenses. $2.75 a month for a basic fishing license. That’s less than a pack of gum. Lol