FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-16-2019, 01:45 PM

Default Center Hill Advice

Hello to all. This is my first post as I just joined yesterday. I am asking for advice on Center Hill for walleye, crappie and trout in the Caney Fork below the dam. Not asking for your fishing spots but mainly strategy to target walleye, crappie and trout. Looking for and hoping to find someone willing to share a few details on their successes on locating the fish, baits and methods used etc. thank you in advance for any info you are willing to share
Old 01-16-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4713 View Post
Hello to all. This is my first post as I just joined yesterday. I am asking for advice on Center Hill for walleye, crappie and trout in the Caney Fork below the dam. Not asking for your fishing spots but mainly strategy to target walleye, crappie and trout. Looking for and hoping to find someone willing to share a few details on their successes on locating the fish, baits and methods used etc. thank you in advance for any info you are willing to share

Hello and welcome Ray.. I am new too (a few weeks) and new to fishing area lakes thanks to my new boat. I hope to be fishing CH as well, I live just west of Carthage... Its a beautiful lake. I was told Monday thru Thurs was the best time to get on the lake since everyone is working...

BTW, if you find my grey pocketed life preserver.. I have reward out for its return as I lost it in my excitement on 1st ride on my boat
Old 01-16-2019, 03:38 PM

That makes 2 of us that lost a lifejacket recently on CH. I lost my charcoal colored bass pro zip up lifejacket a few weeks ago in Hurricane Creek. I never run without it on. Well I made about a 20 second run in the back of Hurricane one evening and forgot to put it on. I didn't notice it had blown out until I went to run back to the ramp. I couldn't find it somehow and it was a very short run I made from one pocket to the next and Somehow it disappeared. It's a nice lifejacket that I actually found floating on OH. Go figure! I lost it for the same reason I found it.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:36 PM

Welcome, those are two really great bodies of water. First when fishing below the dam watch the generation schedule. If you are wading and they turn the water on get out. Trout fishing can be great. I love throwing the super duper on 4 lb pound test. The trout magnet is the hot new lure. I always liked the Lancaster area and Happy Hollow. Now for the lake, Rock island is your best bet for walleye. I haven’t fished much over there since the lake has been lowered over the last several years. Smallmouth and Kentucky bass are all though the lake. As for crappie I can’t help you much.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:41 PM
Master Trout Magnet

If you’ll do a forum search on “Center Hill” you’ll find a ton of info.

Regards
Old 01-17-2019, 10:12 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Forum search <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
If you’ll do a forum search on “Center Hill” you’ll find a ton of info.

Regards
Ray, go to any page and in the top right corner you will see Google Search. Type in Center Hill lake and and indicate FishingTN and search .... Thanks Randy .... <'TK><
Old 01-18-2019, 09:01 AM

Thanks to all who replied. I found some info on earlier posts after I put this one up. Anyone have any advice on fishing below center hill dam while they are generating. I think they have continually generated for the past month now. Water looks pretty swift. I will let you know if I find any life jackets Thanks