FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-27-2018, 10:36 AM

They are supposed to have one generator open today. Should I just fish Old Hickory?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:48 AM

Default Notify the COE too

Notify the Resource Managers office. I assume the COE still has rangers to keep an eye on their property. Don't assume that if the Sheriff's Dept. knows something the COE people do too.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:30 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
They are supposed to have one generator open today. Should I just fish Old Hickory?

I’d stay in the air conditioner based on yesterday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
I’d stay in the air conditioner based on yesterday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's where I am!
Old 08-30-2018, 09:01 AM

Default Caney

Sorry to hear about the problems. Not surprised though. When you have 900 people on the River at a time. Crime will follow. I am sick what has happened to this River. I fished this River 40 years ago and to see it now, makes me sad.

Grouseman
Old 09-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Well I went to the dam area at the Caney yesterday and did not see anything that resembled this kind of trouble, maybe because it was so busy. You'd think you were at Opry Mills.... there were so many people and there was an incessant stream of kayaks and conoes while trying to fish. It was the first time in a long time there, my regular fishing buddy was on vacay and Old Hick is in the dog days do this was the plan. The parking lot has more than doubled, and it was full. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate why everyone wants to go, it is beautiful, cool clear water and all that. The nice quiet days of wading this river on weekends looks to be gone, victims of Nashville's unbridled growth and cheap but serviceable kayaks. I caught a dozen stockers, kept a limit and got back on the road home. Maybe after I retire and can fish during the week I'll go back, but not until then.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:37 PM
lupan

Default The Mad Caney

I agree. The volume of people is ridiculous.

On Monday I fished the early hours with no one around but by 8AM it was Thunderdome with boaters with and without life jackets. At 8:45 the sluice gate lights started flashing and a core eng was on the dam telling the kayak flotilla to get away. With quizzical faces they moved back a tad.

In a newly purchased canoe two guys sans life jackets and a 3-4 four year old boy with a life jacket started paddling towards the dam in the strobe of the hazard lights. I told them, you better head back, it is going to be dangerous. Luckily they did.

Others hung in the middle of the pond gazing at the core eng waving his arms.
The flood of people I fear will result in more opportunities for disaster.
The resource is there for all but I am praying for frigid weather. Give me some snow to fish in.

Be safe.