FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 11-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Dakota S

It was Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2017, 02:03 PM

Thanks for the update Merv. Was wondering if the fish has moved in down there yet
Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM

There is tons of bait and whitebass or hybrid in the creek channel by the little island between 7points and Vivrette. I couldn't catch any but they r there. They were in about 15 fow. Water was very stained in Suggs Creek
Old 11-28-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
There is tons of bait and whitebass or hybrid in the creek channel by the little island between 7points and Vivrette. I couldn't catch any but they r there. They were in about 15 fow. Water was very stained in Suggs Creek
I feel better knowing I am not the only one getting skunked in there. There is so much bait/fish my graph wouldn’t show bottom.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
I feel better knowing I am not the only one getting skunked in there. There is so much bait/fish my graph wouldn’t show bottom.
Lol. It was frustrating.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:21 AM

4.5 is frustrating at times with all the bait and no fish too. Though have been catching some whites trolling A rigs out there
Old 11-29-2017, 01:01 PM

Why do the Shad move into the creeks when it gets colder? I never understood what happens and why.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
Why do the Shad move into the creeks when it gets colder? I never understood what happens and why.

Seems they can run up to warmer banks during the day before the deep freeze as I have noticed this on Ky . Lake
Old 11-30-2017, 12:52 PM
Fishing Fool

I do not recommend fishing with Billy Flatt at all. That’s all I’ll say at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2017, 10:01 AM

Hoping to find a few when they make there way up river from the bank...We shall see
Old 12-17-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
I order A-rigs out of China @ $4.00 apiece, and buy 20 at a time.
Then I replace three of the snap swivels with stronger split rings and snap swivel.
The snaps that come on these are not very strong and you'll lose a lot of fish by leaving them stock.
Now that I've told everything, I expect to see lots of reports about monster catches!
Hey Merv. Curious, do you usually use any additional weights with those? Or are those heads already weighted? If so, how heavy are they?
Old 12-17-2017, 07:04 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbass16 View Post
Hey Merv. Curious, do you usually use any additional weights with those? Or are those heads already weighted? If so, how heavy are they?
The heads are not weighted nor do I add weight .
What I do is use different weight jig heads on the swimbaits. I make my own jigheads, using mustad hooks from a 1/0 to a 3/0 anywhere from 3/16th oz up to 1/2 oz.
I'll have out 4-6 Arigs with four different weight jiginheads, all set at 80 feet back. Whichever rig gets hit the most is usually the depth the fish are holding at that day.
And that can be anywhere from 15-30 feet.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
The heads are not weighted nor do I add weight .
What I do is use different weight jig heads on the swimbaits. I make my own jigheads, using mustad hooks from a 1/0 to a 3/0 anywhere from 3/16th oz up to 1/2 oz.
I'll have out 4-6 Arigs with four different weight jiginheads, all set at 80 feet back. Whichever rig gets hit the most is usually the depth the fish are holding at that day.
And that can be anywhere from 15-30 feet.
I can personally attest that when Merv has weight and depth and bait nailed down, its almost comical the amount of fish he boats. Last year on different trips i was either in front, on the side or behind him, trolling A-rigs....same speed, same area and he would boat 4-5 fish to my one at least. Lol. I dont have line counter reels so if i was a few feet off high or low that was making the difference. I just stood in my boat, little tear in my eye every time i heard him holler "fish on" and i look at my rods and they were just as still as could be. Lol.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:49 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
I can personally attest that when Merv has weight and depth and bait nailed down, its almost comical the amount of fish he boats. Last year on different trips i was either in front, on the side or behind him, trolling A-rigs....same speed, same area and he would boat 4-5 fish to my one at least. Lol. I dont have line counter reels so if i was a few feet off high or low that was making the difference. I just stood in my boat, little tear in my eye every time i heard him holler "fish on" and i look at my rods and they were just as still as could be. Lol.
That was probably because you had skillet on the boat with you.
That's an albatross for sure!
Old 12-18-2017, 11:40 AM

I was thinking the same thing Merv, but i just didnt want to say it....you know how girly and emotional he can be...i didnt want to see a grown man ugly crying in my boat.